• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

HELP BUDGIE INJURED (sad update #7)

redrose27

Strolling the yard
2 days ago kony 12 years old flew into a window and had a bad fall i didnt think much of it because she was fine afterward but today she was flying lop sided, and seemed to be limping, now a few hours later her condition us worse shes wheezing, peeing not pooping, and can barely stay on the perch when turning around shes also weezing when breathing and cant seems to move around well. Shes also not very responsive shes constantly sleepy and shes struggling to eat. I tried calling backos bird clinic through the emergency number but no one is picking up even though its a 24 hour emergeny place. right now i have her in an old shoe box covered in fabric to make it cozy and put food in there. i have no idea what to do i noticed hee temp droped because her feet got colder and shes constantly trying to preen but cant turn her head around without struggling or wheezing. because other vets cost to much and are not specialized in avians i am forced to wait 8 hours till 8 am when backos bird clinic opens and im not sure what to do till then PLEASE HELP ME.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Keep her calm, hydrated, and at a comfortable temperature to help regulate her body temp. I would keep trying the emergency line as often as you can.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I don’t think given your description that you should wait a further 8 hrs to have her seen.
I would call every vet possible to ask them for their list of emergency vet care contacts. I know in my area they always give the details for one particular clinic and without pushing you don’t get offered the information that there’s actually at least 3 other emergency/after hours clinics to choose from

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
True. Even a dog vet might be able to sort out an oxygen chamber to help get you bird to morning.

redrose27

Strolling the yard
Keep her calm, hydrated, and at a comfortable temperature to help regulate her body temp. I would keep trying the emergency line as often as you can.
thank you for the advice but even so there are not many good emergency vets near me and the one for my area is backos bird clinic, i tried calling other places but they will charge me a large sum to do that compared to backos, right now i do have her in a confortable area for the night and im watching her 247 i know it sounds bad but as long as i keep her from turning her head she dosent weeze to much i wish i could go to any other emergency vet clinic but theres just none in my area that would help without losing the money i have left, if i went now i wouldunt be able to afford taking her to backos immediatly after, i found they open at 8 am so 7 hours so far she seems calm but im scared i tried offering water but it didnt work and shes not eating the food im not sure what to do now ill try and see if there are any other emergency places right now near me that have avian vets and wont cost too much

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If it is a 24hr place, they might have been on a break or attending a hositalised animal when you called. Try again every 20-30 mins or so.

redrose27

Strolling the yard
Sad news last night around 1:08 am kony died, she was my best friend, my sister, she made every day worth it. she has having sizures and was just gone it was sudden and quick. She was 12 years old and the greatest sibling ever. I dont know what to do now other then tell my friends since they knew her as well and they all deserve to know. thanks for all the help.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry :(