• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help broken wing i think

BreeNana

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
BreeNana
Today i found a pigeon in my back yard. I knew something was wrong when i walked to it and it didnt fly off. Since its raining out today and pretty cold i put it in a box and brought it in my screen room so that its warm and dry and safe from predators. So i go check on it and i notice one of its wings are not tucked on like the other one
Its kinda just hanging there. If i call an animal place they wont have anything to do with it because its a pigeon. I cant just let it die though. What do i do.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I'm going to tag @Birdbabe , she is dove pigeon person. Where are you at? Might be able help more with location

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Best thing is keep it warm, quiet and if possible some fluids by beak.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Do you have a vet that you can contact for assistance? If the wing truly is broken it will need to be set so it can heal. They may at least be able to get you contact information for someone who may be able to help even if they can't.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Contact Palomacy Pigeon & Dove rescue. They can help direct you on where to go or who to contact.

They are based out of the Bay Area but have people all over! :)