• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help about Cimex lectularius

memo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Meooh
Hello ..
We found in our house Cimex lectularius like this one but in bed also in my room but in the sponge for bed. I have love bid and cockatiel I'm afraid it will be came to them. What should I do? beside put them in sunlight..
Please let me know

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohh bed bugs. I have never experienced these critters for real in my life so I am unsure how to help but I will tag @Mizzely who may know more about it.

My first thought would be to find somewhere for you and your bird to stay for a while and have the place fumigated as I know bed bugs can live in the smallest places like wood joins on beds and other furniture.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There are some ideas here: Do-it-yourself Bed Bug Control | US EPA

Basically heat or chemicals.

The bed bugs will prefer people and then other mammals next, but can bite birds if they have no alternative

memo

Real Name
Meooh
There are some ideas here: Do-it-yourself Bed Bug Control | US EPA

Basically heat or chemicals.

The bed bugs will prefer people and then other mammals next, but can bite birds if they have no alternative
Thank you soo much. I'm going to keep them away from the home.
Just for now my love bird was raised his left wing and kept on top of the wing and kept raising his wing and he was scratching his nails. I said maybe there an insect in him?” then I bathe him with a spray of water. then he stopped and now he is fine.

Is it my bird okay ?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I mean, there's no way for me to know. Birds scratch themselves, and not only can I not see the bird, I'm not a vet.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can sometimes hire a bed bug detector dog, so the exterminators can determine the source of the problem & treat it plus the surrounding areas. This can avoid you needing to do your entire home. If you live in an apartment/condo, you'll need to involve the board/landlord.

I'm very sorry. There was a student who went travelling & brought them back to my sister's dorm back when. The dogs are how they sussed them out & got rid of them fast without doing the entire building.

memo

Real Name
Meooh
You can sometimes hire a bed bug detector dog, so the exterminators can determine the source of the problem & treat it plus the surrounding areas. This can avoid you needing to do your entire home. If you live in an apartment/condo, you'll need to involve the board/landlord.

I'm very sorry. There was a student who went travelling & brought them back to my sister's dorm back when. The dogs are how they sussed them out & got rid of them fast without doing the entire building.
Thanks a lot

memo

Real Name
Meooh

Thanks a lot