• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!

RaisingMan

Moving in
Real Name
Susan
Happy to be here! I adopted a one and a half year old DNA sexed male Sunday Conure named Mango (was Jazzy) two days ago, and wanted a place to ask advice, vent a little, brag a bit, and just share! Not everyone understands my love of parrots like I'm sure you guys will!

Oh, and my username was supposed to be "raisingmango", but my phone decided the username wasn't deep enough (silly autocorrect). I am a mom raising kids, so I guess it works both ways, lol!

Also, please don't mind the mess! I'm currently rearranging my house and it explodes when I do this. The lady I got Mango from told me his cage was big, but I didn't realize HOW big until I got it home! So we are reorganizing! :roflmao:

20191207_091419.jpg 20191207_101332.jpg 20191207_080938.jpg

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome that Is a fantastic cage

RaisingMan

Moving in
Real Name
Susan
Welcome that Is a fantastic cage
I really love it! He barely spends time in it right now, but when he does, he has plenty of room! I'm just trying to figure out where to put it so he will be included in activities, but safe from drafts and the kitchen. That's much harder to do with a big cage, lol!

His previous family loved him very much and it shows. There are a few behaviors I noticed that I'll need help breaking (more on that later and in a different thread), but Mango was deeply loved by his previous family, there is no doubt!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Susan! :starshower1:

Mango is beautiful! And such a nice cage, cute toys too :)

If you want your username changed you can do that in your settings ;) Click your profile pic in top right of screen, then go to account details, then click Change username.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Hello and welcome to you and Mango! :grpwelcome:

Wow he is gorgeous! It’s wonderful that he came from a loving home and now is in your loving home:heart: I’m currently on the lookout for a similar situation, but we just haven’t found the right one yet. I’m completely enamored with the beauty of Sun conures:loveshower: Mango is half Sun/ half Jenday I assume from Sunday? One thing is for sure, he is STUNNING!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and Mango! :)
wanted a place to ask advice, vent a little, brag a bit, and just share!
...this IS the place for all of that...and you should brag about Mango...he is stunning...;)

RaisingMan

Moving in
Real Name
Susan
Hello and welcome to you and Mango! :grpwelcome:

Wow he is gorgeous! It’s wonderful that he came from a loving home and now is in your loving home:heart: I’m currently on the lookout for a similar situation, but we just haven’t found the right one yet. I’m completely enamored with the beauty of Sun conures:loveshower: Mango is half Sun/ half Jenday I assume from Sunday? One thing is for sure, he is STUNNING!

Yes, he is a Sun and a Jenday! I had to double check his paperwork, lol. When asked yesterday by my father in law, I said Nanday. :roflmao: The mom brain takes over sometimes. He truly is stunning! I love how his vibrant green wings open up to such a pretty orange/red when he stretches, preens, flies, or tries to bathe in his water cup!

His previous family travels quite often and they were noticing it was starting to get stressful for everyone, so they decided to rehome him before the stress became too much.

Since I'm a stay at home mom and disabled veteran, I'm home practically 24/7! Grocery shopping is pretty much my only vacation. :hilarious:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
:hello: :welave:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
You being a stay at home mom is perfect for Mango :loveshower: I hear they crave attention...that’s another reason I haven’t pulled the trigger. We’ve been really busy at work lately and I think my budgies have been a little peeved about it. I just hope some day soon I’m in the perfect position to adopt a Sun.
Congrats again and PLEASE continue to post pics of beautiful Mango, for now I’ll just live vicariously through you:p

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Welcome to the Avenue! Mango is gorgeous!!