• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!

BudgieQuaker

Meeting neighbors
Hi! My name is Suki and I’m the owner of a Quaker and a Budgie, and I’m very excited to be here. My birds are like my children, and I can’t keep my eyes off them for one second.

My birds don’t really get along with each other and my Budgie (Rio) tries to fight my Quaker (I named him Quaker, not a very creative name, but it suited him) and he bites her, so I try to keep them away from each other, but Rio always finds her way, and she ends up fighting with him.

Quaker has been with us for 4 months now, and he’s young and mischievous, he loves to bite my ear and wrestle with my fingers, and he loves bananas. He doesn’t seem to like music, and whenever he sees me playing with Rio, he gets jealous. He doesn’t like to share, and he enjoys to sit on my hair. He’s not a very good talker, and he mostly mimics a sound when he finds it useful. Like when I whistle to Rio, he thinks it’s a way of getting attention, so he whistles now. He loves to play Peek-a-boo, because everyone’s eyes are on him when he does, and when he hears the doorbell he sais “who’s there?” and everyone laughs. He’s a funny little guy, and I love him with all my heart.

Rio is the opposite of Quaker, we’ve had her for a year, and she’s untamed. But she gets very jealous when she sees me with Quaker. She loves kale and chia seeds and absolutely loves music. She’s loves to chat, and she mimics my Quakers words. When she thinks we can’t hear her, she sais “ give me kiss, muah” and “step up”. overall, she’s a very calm bird. We rescued her and she seems very grateful for it, but I don’t think she’ll ever come out of her shell. She was given up from a man that put no toys in her cage, and he didn’t feed her any fruits or vegetables, he only fed her a cheap seed mix. I’m glad he did give her up, because she’s now in a home that takes very good care of her.

Thank you for reading this!
(P.s how do I put pictures on a forum?)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Suki! :fairy2:

Thankyou for taking in little budgie Rio :)

I enjoyed reading about your birds, they sound delightful ❤

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hello Suki and please enjoy being on AA.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
:hello:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you, Rio, and Quaker! :)

Quakers and Budgies are both feisty species...I can see how they would squabble with each other.
My birds are like my children,
...I know that feeling...and freely admit to it all the time...;)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
:hiya::welcome:Glad your here. Make sure to always supervise so those two don't hurt each other. I used to have a hand raised House Finch and a Maxi Pionus parrot. He was so much bigger then she was and they booth hated and were jealous of each other. She lost several toe tips and got her foot broken before we figured it out. I had to cover him whenever she was in his area, and keep him out of hers. They both survived though and were happy, though he was much happier again when she finally passed as he had us all to himself again. Enjoy the site and we love pictures.

BudgieQuaker

Meeting neighbors
:hiya::welcome:Glad your here. Make sure to always supervise so those two don't hurt each other. I used to have a hand raised House Finch and a Maxi Pionus parrot. He was so much bigger then she was and they booth hated and were jealous of each other. She lost several toe tips and got her foot broken before we figured it out. I had to cover him whenever she was in his area, and keep him out of hers. They both survived though and were happy, though he was much happier again when she finally passed as he had us all to himself again. Enjoy the site and we love pictures.
Rio got bitten today :( She’s being taken care of at the moment. They see she’ll get better soon but I’m very worried for her. I don’t want any of my birds to get hurt, and seeing her bleed and in pain broke my heart, I couldn’t stop crying

BudgieQuaker

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to you, Rio, and Quaker! :)

Quakers and Budgies are both feisty species...I can see how they would squabble with each other.

...I know that feeling...and freely admit to it all the time...;)
Thank you!
And yes, I too, freely admit to people that these little fluff balls are my children.

BudgieQuaker

Meeting neighbors
Welcome to the Avenue Suki! :fairy2:

Thankyou for taking in little budgie Rio :)

I enjoyed reading about your birds, they sound delightful ❤
Thank you for welcoming me! Everyone’s her is so kind!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Welcome, how is Rio doing?