• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello!

Verra

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Вера
Now I`ll try to write something intelligible)
I tried to find forum about birds, but it was not easy. Truly I have found several forums, but they were about wild birds( And I found no one forum about corvids, while they are my favourite birds(
What can I tell more? I`m from Moscow) And these are my birds: jackdaw Torin

and my cosset - magpie Loki

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Welcome! Beautiful birds - love the magpie.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Your birds are so gorgeous! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Welcome to the Avenue!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! Your birds are beautiful. :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wlcome to the neighborhood! WoW, gorgeous birds!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Welcome! Your birds are gorgeous! We love talking about our birds and look forward to stories about yours! :)

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hello1:

Verra

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Вера
Thank you :ashamed1: It`s very enjoyable to hear this)) When somebody makes compliment to my birds I feel more proud, then when I hear compliments to me))
And your forum is very beautiful and unusual)) It`s made with a great fantasy))
To be honest, I`m still don`t understand the structure of forum completely) I would like to make a theme about my birds, but I don`t know, where it`s better to begin) May be, Bird Boulevard?
So, where to go? :blink:

CatsNbirds

Walking the driveway
Hi and welcome to AA. I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Corvids. So, thank you, very very much for sharing those photo's with us. Keep the photo's and stories coming, pretty please with sugar on top :D . While, I do not own a Corvid, I hope by the summer of 2015 I will. I put down a deposit on a male Corvus albicollis (African White-necked Raven). I have made a lot of threads throughout the forum, with various questions. I would appreciate any input you would like to share with me :D .

Again, welcome to AA and I hope you have a nice LONG STAY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) !

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
To be honest, I`m still don`t understand the structure of forum completely) I would like to make a theme about my birds, but I don`t know, where it`s better to begin) May be, Bird Boulevard?

Bird Boulevard is fine as well as 'Feathered Photos Fairway' if there will be lots of pictures.

How-To Junction (the green sticky section) may help you understand how the forum works. You can also ask any of our staff for help. :)

How-To Junction | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you :ashamed1: It`s very enjoyable to hear this)) When somebody makes compliment to my birds I feel more proud, then when I hear compliments to me))
And your forum is very beautiful and unusual)) It`s made with a great fantasy))

Welcome and I love this picture. Your birds are beautiful.

Mariannee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
They are beautiful! Welcome !

Verra

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Вера
Thank you, friends)
CatsNbirds, I hope, you will own a wonderful bird!) White-necked raven looks really severe and powerful)) These birds don`t live in Russia as well as pied crows) So I have seen them only in photographs)
I don`t promise, that I will write a lot, because my Engish is far from perfect) But I will try))
Откройте рот, пациент, скажите ааааа)).jpg

LemonGrass

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Welcome to Avian Avenue!

Your birds are beautiful! How old are they? Did you handraise them?

Verra

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Вера
Welcome to Avian Avenue!

Your birds are beautiful! How old are they? Did you handraise them?
They are both young)) Loki is 3 years old, and Torin is about 5 months) They were nestlings, when they came to me. In Russia it`s impossible to buy corvids. Only ravens, but only poachers sell them( But crows, magpies and other corvids are usual birds for us. Many people don`t like them, because corvids make harm for gardens and farms. Loki`s parents made their nest near a village, and one man destroyed it( I could take only one nestling, others died(( Loki was very small, so I had to feed him very often, every 30 minutes. He was always hungry) And he looked like little pterodactyl))

Then he got older:

Torin was not so small, when i met him. But he lost his parents, and he was ill( So I and my friend threated him for a long time. And now he is absolutely ok and very beautiful)

CatsNbirds

Walking the driveway
CatsNbirds, I hope, you will own a wonderful bird!) White-necked raven looks really severe and powerful)) These birds don`t live in Russia as well as pied crows) So I have seen them only in photographs)
I don`t promise, that I will write a lot, because my Engish is far from perfect) But I will try))
The Corvus albicollis (White-necked Raven) is not native to my country either. I live in the USA. But, there are a few people/breeders who captive breed this species to sell them as a "pets". If it would be easier for you to write your posts in your native language that would be fine with me. I am ignorant to your native language and I am sorry :( . If I can not figure it out linguistically, I am sure Google translate can :D .

They are both young)) Loki is 3 years old, and Torin is about 5 months) They were nestlings, when they came to me. In Russia it`s impossible to buy corvids. Only ravens, but only poachers sell them( But crows, magpies and other corvids are usual birds for us. Many people don`t like them, because corvids make harm for gardens and farms. Loki`s parents made their nest near a village, and one man destroyed it( I could take only one nestling, others died(( Loki was very small, so I had to feed him very often, every 30 minutes. He was always hungry) And he looked like little pterodactyl)) Torin was not so small, when i met him. But he lost his parents, and he was ill( So I and my friend threated him for a long time. And now he is absolutely ok and very beautiful)
The picture's of Loki and Torin when they where younger are just adorable :) . Of course, they are both great looking now :D . People in the USA, at least for the most part, are not too fond of there native Corvids either. However, I :heart: :heart: :heart: our Corvus brachyrhynchos (North American Crow) and Corvus corax (Common Raven)!

Again, congratulations on Loki and Torin.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.