• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello world I'm PICKLES

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Pickles is adorable! Just a question, is the green thing in the corner one of the fabric hidey huts? Because those can be dangerous if a tread gets loose, and they can also be seen as potential nests.

:welave::welcomesign::welcome2::welcomeavenue::welcome::hello1:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm new here, I'm looking to get into the bird community as a way to learn more about how others care for their birds! I've recently purchased a rosifrons with my gradma from an amazing bird store in Michigan. We named the little guy pickles and we're scrambling to get the house ready for him (he'll be weaned in about 3 weeks). Pickles was hatched with an underbite which makes him special needs. Buuuut he's the sweetest lil bun I've ever met besides the fact my ears are having a hard time with his bitey phase cause jeez after a hour with him my ears hurt even hours later!

But yea, hope i don't get into any flame wars! View attachment 331158
Welcome! I love the name Pickles and thank you for getting a special needs bird! I look forward to pictures when you get him.

Picklether

Sitting on the front steps
Pickles is adorable! Just a question, is the green thing in the corner one of the fabric hidey huts? Because those can be dangerous if a tread gets loose, and they can also be seen as potential nests.

:welave::welcomesign::welcome2::welcomeavenue::welcome::hello1:
Babies love little hidey holes so the owner of the store always give the babies one, pickles isn't able to come home yet cause he's still being hand fed. When i take him home he will have a hut but if he turns out to be a girl and tries nesting during breeding season then it's gone, but thank you very much for the concern :)

Picklether

Welcome! I love the name Pickles and thank you for getting a special needs bird! I look forward to pictures when you get him.
Haha No need to thank me I'm used to having special needs animals, cause 4 of my dogs are special needs 3 cleft palates and 1 flat chest with bad back knees raised them all from tube feeding with my parents at their house (i live w/ my gradma now). So him being special needs isn't scary to me :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue! :starshower1:

Pickles is adorale! :cloud9:

. When i take him home he will have a hut but if he turns out to be a girl and tries nesting during breeding season then it's gone, but thank you very much for the concern :)
The problem isn´t the hut, it is the type of hut.
One of my male lovebirds had a ¨hut¨ most of his life, since a chick he had it for years until recently he got a girlfriend so had it removed. I used a small wooden nestbox (no bedding) and it was perfect. The fabric ones are unsafe as a foot can get tangled, but the bigger problem with them is some birds nibble them and ingest the fibers causing crop impaction.
Other safer alternatives are non-pilling fleece huts or bird tubes (They are made out of a thick cardboard)

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Welcome! :welcomeavenue: Pickles is really cute :heart:

Picklether

Welcome to the Avenue! :starshower1:

Pickles is adorale! :cloud9:

The problem isn´t the hut, it is the type of hut.
One of my male lovebirds had a ¨hut¨ most of his life, since a chick he had it for years until recently he got a girlfriend so had it removed. I used a small wooden nestbox (no bedding) and it was perfect. The fabric ones are unsafe as a foot can get tangled, but the bigger problem with them is some birds nibble them and ingest the fibers causing crop impaction.
Other safer alternatives are non-pilling fleece huts or bird tubes (They are made out of a thick cardboard)
Ooooh thank you I'll look into it