• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello there! Ascencio's Flock reporting!

Vicky Ascencio

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi there, I'm Victoria :) and I'm an Argentinian teenager.

I'm so happy to finally found a forum of all types of parrots, and I hope you can help me train and care for my flock.

Speaking of them, here they are:

:bfa:
Ignacio, or Nacho as we always call him. A lovely Blue-Front Amazon who, despite his lack of vocabulary (except saying '¡Hola!' when he wants attention), he complements it with his dancing and generally sweet behaviour. He lvoes being pet, bananas, and dancing/singing to Flamenco and Chacarera with my mother .
We actually don't know if is a he or a she. Hopefully, our upcoming trip to the vet will give us answers :)

:budgie:
Arturo
, or Arturito as I call him, because honestly he is too tiny to have the name of a king. He is a Budgie who I bought in a gardening shop. Poor guy was put in discount for his bad wing (I don't know if is genetic or maybe he broke his wing), and even then, people didn't want him. So I brought him home.
He is the drama queen of the house. And we have a love-hate relationship of sorts. I mean, he can bite my fingers all he wants and screech at me when I don't give him lettuce, but he likes to whistle along with me and sometimes he lets me touch his head.
Also, he thinks he is an eagle and always wants to fight with the other birds... despite them being a lot bigger than him. Maybe I should have named him Napoleon.

:pearl: & :tieln:
Silver & Pinot Noir (a.k.a. Pinoir) are the newer birds in my flock. They are Cockatiels; only Silver has a mutation (Pearled).
As the newbies, they don't really trust me. But we are building a relationship slowly. For example, since a week, Pinoir likes to challenge me to a battle of whistles where he sings first, and then I have to imitate him. If I fail, he repeats it again and again, until I have learnt. Then he choses a new song.
Since a month by now, they don't seem terrified every time my family, dogs or even myself enter in the room. They even whistle to call our attention.
I actually don't know if Silver is a female or just a male with immature plumage. I just really hope is a she, because the summer of 2018 I want to breed them. And at least two of their chicks already have homes :D

Well, this is my flock now. But these aren't the first birds I have owned: there are a lots of members of my flock who sadly have passed away. From all of them, Atlantis is the one who stands out the most: She was a Quaker parrot (or cotorra, as we call them here), and her species are native from where I live, so it makes sense that she was the first parrot I would own. She was my girl, a sweet, cuddly, and wild ball of feathers who would scream and laugh when she saw me. I miss you, sweetie.

Thanks for reading until the last line. Hope I can get friends here as well, who share my passion for these birds.

PD: I had problems when posting the photos. I tried to follow the thread How To: Post a Picture/Video, but in the preview the images didn't appeared, in their place there were links that send me to error pages Dx

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:hello: sounds like a very busy flock!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Hi there, I'm Victoria :) and I'm an Argentinian teenager.

I'm so happy to finally found a forum of all types of parrots, and I hope you can help me train and care for my flock.

Speaking of them, here they are:

:bfa:
Ignacio, or Nacho as we always call him. A lovely Blue-Front Amazon who, despite his lack of vocabulary (except saying '¡Hola!' when he wants attention), he complements it with his dancing and generally sweet behaviour. He lvoes being pet, bananas, and dancing/singing to Flamenco and Chacarera with my mother .
We actually don't know if is a he or a she. Hopefully, our upcoming trip to the vet will give us answers :)

:budgie:
Arturo
, or Arturito as I call him, because honestly he is too tiny to have the name of a king. He is a Budgie who I bought in a gardening shop. Poor guy was put in discount for his bad wing (I don't know if is genetic or maybe he broke his wing), and even then, people didn't want him. So I brought him home.
He is the drama queen of the house. And we have a love-hate relationship of sorts. I mean, he can bite my fingers all he wants and screech at me when I don't give him lettuce, but he likes to whistle along with me and sometimes he lets me touch his head.
Also, he thinks he is an eagle and always wants to fight with the other birds... despite them being a lot bigger than him. Maybe I should have named him Napoleon.

:pearl: & :tieln:
Silver & Pinot Noir (a.k.a. Pinoir) are the newer birds in my flock. They are Cockatiels; only Silver has a mutation (Pearled).
As the newbies, they don't really trust me. But we are building a relationship slowly. For example, since a week, Pinoir likes to challenge me to a battle of whistles where he sings first, and then I have to imitate him. If I fail, he repeats it again and again, until I have learnt. Then he choses a new song.
Since a month by now, they don't seem terrified every time my family, dogs or even myself enter in the room. They even whistle to call our attention.
I actually don't know if Silver is a female or just a male with immature plumage. I just really hope is a she, because the summer of 2018 I want to breed them. And at least two of their chicks already have homes :D

Well, this is my flock now. But these aren't the first birds I have owned: there are a lots of members of my flock who sadly have passed away. From all of them, Atlantis is the one who stands out the most: She was a Quaker parrot (or cotorra, as we call them here), and her species are native from where I live, so it makes sense that she was the first parrot I would own. She was my girl, a sweet, cuddly, and wild ball of feathers who would scream and laugh when she saw me. I miss you, sweetie.

Thanks for reading until the last line. Hope I can get friends here as well, who share my passion for these birds.

PD: I had problems when posting the photos. I tried to follow the thread How To: Post a Picture/Video, but in the preview the images didn't appeared, in their place there were links that send me to error pages Dx
Hola Victoria! Bienvenida (welcome) a AA and to your fids (feathered kids) too. My dad was Argentine (Belgrano in Buenos Aires) and as I child my family lived in the suburbs of Bs. As. - I used to have a Quaker called Krakatoa. I know we have at least another Argentine member on AA but I believe she lives in one of the provincias (provinces) @Coki but I don't think she's been on the forum in a while.

In any case welcome and I look forward to seeing photos of your fids. Saludos.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you, Ignacio, Arturo, Silver, and Pinot Noir! :)

What a interesting flock you have! I love your description of Arturo. He definitely has the true heart and soul of a Budgie.. both as big as all outdoors. My budgies are the same...they run our front room where all the littles live.

It's one of the reasons budgies are so endearing to me...I love their spirit...:D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Welcome! We love to hear stories and see pictures of your fids.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Thanks for posting the info about your birds. I also have 'tiels and a BFA.

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
:hello1::welcome2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Welcome :greet13:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:welcomeavenue: I enjoyed reading your description and nicknames for the birds! :)

If you are posting photos from your computer or device, use the "Upload a File" button below the input area (where you are typing), and find the file on your device. Then upload as a full size image.
If you are linking to photos that are online, use the picture icon above (next to the smiley face) and paste the link in the box that opens.
People have had issues with Photobucket and other online hosting sites lately because they are now requiring fees to continue using them, so the links are broken.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra

People have had issues with Photobucket and other online hosting sites lately because they are now requiring fees to continue using them, so the links are broken.
Yes, I found out it "only" costs something like $399.99/year to be able to 3rd party share one's own photographs which, to quote Photobucket is equivalent to $33.33/month.

PLUS 500
3rd PARTY HOSTING
MOST POPULAR - Embed on other sites

• UNLIMITED 3rd PARTY HOSTING
  • UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH
  • SECURE WITH HTTPS SUPPORT
  • AD FREE BROWSING
  • STORE ORIGINAL PHOTOS
  • 500 GB STORAGE
$399.99 BILLED ANNUALLY

EQUIVALENT TO

$33.33/MONTH

UPGRADE TODAY
Have you seen this image on the internet?
Photobucket is the premier destination for 3rd Party Hosting.

Ticked me off to no end - trying to figure out how to remove my photos and close the account.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Yeah, so "cheap" after being free for so long! I'm sure lots of people lost all their photos too.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Yeah, so "cheap" after being free for so long! I'm sure lots of people lost all their photos too.
Wonder if that couldn't end up being a class action suit in the long run? I've noticed that alot of AA members have that 3rd Party Hosting Usage icon on their posts.