• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello! Newcomer linnie owner

Charmanderchar

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone, everytime I had questions or concerns about my bird, the top results would always take me here...considering Facebook and other social media has pretty much replaced old-school forums, I figured this one was dead...but turns out it's not! So after many months of ending up here, I signed up :)

I have owned a few birds in my lifetime, but only as a secondary owner (as a kid or teenager at my parents). I've had two lovebirds (the second being an extremely bad experience...), one cockatiel (Still alive and young, at my parents) and now I have my first very own bird, a green linnie, named Ichigo. He is 10 months old. I believe he is male because of his impressive vocalization and how fast he learns (most of the things he says I haven't even TAUGHT him...he just picked it all up by himself).

I am French-Canadian, so my linnie speaks French as well :p He can say:

Viens-t-en! (Come here!)
Bravo Ichigo, oui! (yes!)
C'est beau Ichigo! (Good job Ichigo!)
Qu'est-ce tu fais? (Whatchu doing?)
Hello Ichigo!
Huh? (usually after I scold him)

And a few melodies, including one that my lover taught him that he seems to have chosen as our flock call.

He used to be very scared of hands and skittish but after many weeks of hard work and constant socialization he now steps up, is extremely shoulder tame, loves to cuddle against my neck, and gives me generous servings of kisses. He has never bitten me yet, nor did he ever attempt to. I am very proud of him and glad I was gifted with such a good boy!

I am excited to go back to my roots with old school forums, and to learn more about birds! Thanks all for having me :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! (Bienvenue!) I love that your linnie speaks French. :)

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! What a cutie pie! I agree that you probably have a handsome boy. My breeder told me that the males usually have the darker dots and bars. I have a 5 1/2 month old (probably female) named Gigi. Her coloring is much lighter. Aren't Linnies so wonderful! I just love her!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Super cool! Linnies are just the cutest!