• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello, joined and already have a question (parakeet)!

WasabiSalad

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Valerie
Hello!

If I post things in the future to look for some help, it might involve my 4 parakeets and green cheek conure.

I have a question already, and I know this is the intro forum (Please let me know where the right place to ask this is )

One of my budgies stopped eating yesterday (vet closed Sunday) and plan on taking him today except it is an hour and half away and am waiting for my sister to come back home and take me there (we only have one car atm).

So for now I wanted to feed him some soft food and water. If anyone has a go-to recipe I would love to hear it!

But meanwhile here’s the big question: can I feed my parakeet Pangea mix?
I have this for my crested gecko, it is basically powder mix that you dissolve in water.
Here are the ingredients:

Dried Banana, Dried Papaya, Rice Bran, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate, Dried Egg, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Algae Meal, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, Dried Bifidobacterium bifidum fermentation extract, Dried Lactobacilus acidophilus fermentation extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Choline Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Ferrous Fumarate, Beta Carotene, Inositol, Niacin, Kelp Meal, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol (D3), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin B12.

Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
That food would be okay, my budgies eat a cockatiel mix. Did you make it to the vet @WasabiSalad?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome