• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from WA state

RobynT

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello and Thank you for the ad!! Im new to Lovebirds but have had Zebs for years. I got a pair of Lovies (received about 4days ago) to change things up a bit.....from flighty to cuddly! .
My male Lovie arrived with an injury on his wing, I treated it with neosporin and seems to be getting better. My concern is, he seems to be a plucker as around his neck and chest is pretty bald and rough looking. Is there anything I can do to ease his discomfort? (Photo for reference) Thank you in advance for any advice!!

Attachments

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
It's always a good idea to take the bird to the vet to ensure the plucking isn't due to an underlying condition because there are a number of reasons why they pluck besides boredom.

It's it's boredom, giving them lots of things to do to engage their minds and bodies helps distract them. This video is a great introduction to enrichment.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue! :)

RobynT

Checking out the neighborhood
It's always a good idea to take the bird to the vet to ensure the plucking isn't due to an underlying condition because there are a number of reasons why they pluck besides boredom.

It's it's boredom, giving them lots of things to do to engage their minds and bodies helps distract them. This video is a great introduction to enrichment.
Thank you. Im hoping it is just stress from shipping. Time will tell.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!