• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello from Virginia

AviMom

Sprinting down the street

Hi, my name is Annie. I own 2 cockatiels, and 8 parakeets. In our house, we also have 2 other cockatiels, 2 sun conures, a Quaker parrot, and an African grey. I am the main caregiver to our flock, but don' have a lot of experience since owning parakeets as a child.
I hand raised one of my cockatiels, and keep one of my roommates cockatiels in the cage with my two. I'm target training them, and currently switching my birds diet to chop rather than seed.

Attachments

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Hi, and welcome!! Wow, you have your hands full with quite a variety of birds, and it sounds like you are doing a great job.

AviMom

I used to foster animals for a local pound....i love animals, and yes! It's quite a handful. Birds are much more difficult than dogs and cats, yet much more rewarding. I'm so in love with Kata-yuki, my baby cockatiel that I hand raised. The day she took her first flight made my heart soar.
Thank you for the welcome!!!!

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I used to foster animals for a local pound....i love animals, and yes! It's quite a handful. Birds are much more difficult than dogs and cats, yet much more rewarding. I'm so in love with Kata-yuki, my baby cockatiel that I hand raised. The day she took her first flight made my heart soar.
Thank you for the welcome!!!!
I bet, for she is your baby. You are mommy. :) That is so neat that you have given so much of yourself to our four legged and feather friends.

My pleasure.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you and your flock!

Is Kata-yuki the cutie in the picture?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hi Annie. Glad you joined us.

AviMom

Hi, and thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Yes, that is Kata in the pic. She is a white-faced pearl. Tyrian is my other cockatiel, but he hates me, lol. He's very shy. My roommate's cockatiel is Misty, another white face, and was very neglected untiI i asked I she could stay in the cage with tiels. (Kinda long story).
Anyway, she's the sweetest Angel now, and very smart. She is taking to target training so fast. I'm not sure if it's the attention, or the millet treat, lol. But I'm obsessed with them all.
Tell me about your babies!!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:
Kata is beautiful! I have four cockatiels, three girls and one boy. I think cockatiels are the sweetest little birds!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

AviMom

Thanks Zoo mom!!!...(waving) Hi Tiel feathers! Yours is as cute as can be!! Tiels are the sweetest Birds. My parakeets are rotten, but Kata actually cuddles. To be honest, I don't know for sure the sexes of my birds. The breeder said Tyrian is male, but was 2 months old (no dna test done) when I got him, and seems to me more like a hen. Kata I got at 4 wks,....and I just started saying "girl" but seems to be vocal like a male. If somebody lays an egg in a year or so.....i guess I'll find out for sure, but don't really care, lol.
I play jingle bells all the time on youtube, hoping one of my kids will sing it to me next Christmas.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Welcome! I love tiels also - I have 5 and also 2 budgies and a lovebird.