• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello fellow avian lovers

maddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Malene
Welcome to the hood, Mark and Pepper! A love-sponge? :lol:

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
hello and welcome to the avenue :highfive: :hug8:

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
Welcome! Pepper is very handsome!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I'm jealous... :Love Spunge!" Boca is an attack bird! Hey, wanna trade? :sneaky:

Deueller

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Zach
Welcome :coffeescreen: I've only been on here for a little more than a week and let me tell you, this is the only forum I am on now. These people are so caring and quick to respond, It's amazing. So welcome :hug8:

SureAsNone

Real Name
Rashel
:hello1: and welcome to AA! Pepper is absolutely adorable :heart:

Verivus

Real Name
Chrissy
Welcome! I also have a GCC! I echo what Hankmacaw and Waterfaller1 have said about peanuts.

PenguinJoe

Moving in
Real Name
Mark
Thank you all for the warm welcome folks. :hug8:

Thanks also for the peanut warnings from Hankmacaw, Waterfaller1 and Verivus.
I hear you all about the fat warnings and will try getting him to eat almonds instead (not sure he will take to them - he is a very picky eater at this age -- about 10 weeks). Not too worried about the contamination though - the peanuts he got are the ones that come out of my trail mix ;) If that is contaminated, me and the grocery store are going to have a very long serious talk. :D

He gets half sunflower seeds as trick rewards (again, these are the unsalted ones sold as human food). Beyond Hagen Tropican High Performance pellets (puppy chow for birds), he gets human food as diet supplements & treats.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you all for the warm welcome folks. :hug8:

Thanks also for the peanut warnings from Hankmacaw, Waterfaller1 and Verivus.
I hear you all about the fat warnings and will try getting him to eat almonds instead (not sure he will take to them - he is a very picky eater at this age -- about 10 weeks). Not too worried about the contamination though - the peanuts he got are the ones that come out of my trail mix ;) If that is contaminated, me and the grocery store are going to have a very long serious talk. :D

He gets half sunflower seeds as trick rewards (again, these are the unsalted ones sold as human food). Beyond Hagen Tropican High Performance pellets (puppy chow for birds), he gets human food as diet supplements & treats.
He sounds very spoiled. :)
Could I recommend switching to either Harrison's or Roudybush?

PenguinJoe

Moving in
Real Name
Mark
Our breeder weaned him over to the Hagen H.P and swears by it. His recommendation was for the High Performance pellets (higher protein and fat content for chicks) followed by the Lifetime (less of the fattening stuff required by chicks, more fruit bits).

I haven's seen Roudybush or Harrison's offered at any pet stores near me (Toronto, Canada).

Last edited:

BindiWW

Walking the driveway
:welcomeavenue: Pepper is beautiful!