• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello everyone!

DurgaRose

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emily
This probably should have been my very first post... (it wasn't tho!)
But anyhow, I am very happy to, officially, be part of this great forum! and could spend hours here reading about all things parrot related!
My first bird was Kiwee, a Peach Faced Lovebird, who I have had now for 2 1/2 years. I love him SOOOO much, he's changed my life and is my best friend. He is so smart and loves me as much as I love him! Which took work! When I first brought him home he was so afraid of me! It took months for him to feel adjusted to his new life. Even though Lovebirds are smaller birds, they take lots of work and patience. But that very first time he flew onto my lap will always be one of my favorite memories.
Last fall I added another dear member to the flock, a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure named, Amigo! He is my best friend too! (but I can't tell Kiwee that!) He was so much easier to initially bond with then my Lovie. The first night he was home he let me give him scritches and has been such a sweetie ever since! And it only took a few months before he started saying "hi baybee" now he says quite a few things and loves to "grumble talk" which is the BEST! He's so much fun and loves to cuddle.
As a child I dreamed of one day having a parrot, now in my 30's my dream has come true! & My babies mean everything to me. Even on bad days they make me smile & laugh without fail with their antics and adorable ways.
I have really grappled with the idea of adding one more, as I would love a larger parrot to complete our little flock. 3 would be it for me otherwise I would be spreading my resources to thin and would not be able to provide for them the way they deserve. After over a year of research and consideration, I have decided to pursue bringing home a Blue Headed Pionus! Other birds I strongly had considered were the African Grey, Indian Ringneck, and Blue Headed Conure. But I live in an apartment, and they seem to be a quieter species. I also would like a bird with a calmer temperament to balance out the crazy :p Plus the BH Pi seem like super sweet, playful, and rather gentle birds!

I have honestly never really been part of a forum before! It is wonderful that a massive community of bird lovers from around the world can gather in one place to share their advise, stories, and questions :heart2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
Welcome to the Avenue!!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
:hello: :welave:

:needpics:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m glad you found your way here! Welcome! :starshower1:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

cessc

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
cecilia campbell
This probably should have been my very first post... (it wasn't tho!)
But anyhow, I am very happy to, officially, be part of this great forum! and could spend hours here reading about all things parrot related!
My first bird was Kiwee, a Peach Faced Lovebird, who I have had now for 2 1/2 years. I love him SOOOO much, he's changed my life and is my best friend. He is so smart and loves me as much as I love him! Which took work! When I first brought him home he was so afraid of me! It took months for him to feel adjusted to his new life. Even though Lovebirds are smaller birds, they take lots of work and patience. But that very first time he flew onto my lap will always be one of my favorite memories.
Last fall I added another dear member to the flock, a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure named, Amigo! He is my best friend too! (but I can't tell Kiwee that!) He was so much easier to initially bond with then my Lovie. The first night he was home he let me give him scritches and has been such a sweetie ever since! And it only took a few months before he started saying "hi baybee" now he says quite a few things and loves to "grumble talk" which is the BEST! He's so much fun and loves to cuddle.
As a child I dreamed of one day having a parrot, now in my 30's my dream has come true! & My babies mean everything to me. Even on bad days they make me smile & laugh without fail with their antics and adorable ways.
I have really grappled with the idea of adding one more, as I would love a larger parrot to complete our little flock. 3 would be it for me otherwise I would be spreading my resources to thin and would not be able to provide for them the way they deserve. After over a year of research and consideration, I have decided to pursue bringing home a Blue Headed Pionus! Other birds I strongly had considered were the African Grey, Indian Ringneck, and Blue Headed Conure. But I live in an apartment, and they seem to be a quieter species. I also would like a bird with a calmer temperament to balance out the crazy :p Plus the BH Pi seem like super sweet, playful, and rather gentle birds!

I have honestly never really been part of a forum before! It is wonderful that a massive community of bird lovers from around the world can gather in one place to share their advise, stories, and questions :heart2:
Welcome and I'm also new here and have a very similar story about our first Linnie. My girlfriend has Blue Headed Pionus and they're wonderful birds.

cessc

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
cecilia campbell
I will attach a pic soon. Cess