• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello everyone! Need help!

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
I'm getting ready to take a GCC. I have seen him / her since he / she came out of the egg. He/she is about 1 month old now. the problem is this: yesterday i talked to the breeder and he told me he/she is slow growing we are afraid maybe he/she has something or it is just slow growing? Maybe?he did some tests and did not find anything (the breeder is also a veterinarian).So I started searching the internet for birds of the same age and saw that they are quite different from each other.to note that she/he looks good, eats and grows normally (except for the wings) (she/he has many pin feathers). There is a photo of him/her.

Attachments

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...a cutie, to be sure!
I don't know that much about GCCs...perhaps a second vet opinion might be in order...
It just sounds like your little is taking his/her time about growing up...so you get to enjoy a little one a little longer... ;)

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
Oh thank god! Thank you. My heart...I do not have him/her at home so I can not take him/her to another vet. I will talk to the breeder next week to tell me how she/he is doing. all i want is for him/her to be in good health and let him/her take his time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Christina :)

Those feathers haven´t been preened. If they had been, you bird would look very different. It´s unusual, but I wouldn´t think there´s anything wrong.
Upping humidity can help, you don´t want it exceeding 70%, and then gently working the pins with fingers.
They are only a month old so it may be a little too early to offer a bath.

@webchirp

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
Hello! I am very happy that I found the forum! He/she is 4 weeks old. The breeder told me to give him/her some more time (we will talk in a week and he will send me photos) the only thing that worries us is if she/he is sick (the breeder did some tests but found him/her very healthy). I think he was worried on his own, he is perfectionist. we will talk and I will update. Thanks for your time

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yup he loooks perfectly fine especially in the latest pic after he’s been preened

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Hi and welcome!!

f you think you are in love now, prepare to have your heart broken from sheer joy!! Wait until he/she throws themselves on their backs and go to sleep in your hands! :heart: :heart: :heart: Don’t know how the heart can contain it! :D:D:D

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. What a cutie.

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
Hello to everyone! Thanks for everything! when he/she comes home of course I will present him/her to you! I have been waiting for this moment for 2 years! I had an IRN (photo in my profile).she was the most beautiful bird. but at the same time the most distressed and wild bird. we fought it but we did not succeed (we lost her due to illness) and we never had this relationship that I imagined, she showed me her love in another way!

ConureGuy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Paul
Welcome to AA :)........... And oh my that little one is beautiful! :heart:

You are in for a very fun yet loud time conures are so loving and make great companions but my good god there calls are ear piercing :lol:

Well at least my 2 year old Pineapple's calls are enough to deafen you, My 12 week old Turquoise Pineapple on the other hand is quiet at least until she finds her voice,

I look forward to seen the progress you two make on this wonderful adventure.

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
haha! Have you heard an IRN scream? in front of it the voice of the conure (green cheek) is melodies! But of course I know the noise level! Thank you!

ChristinaZ

Meeting neighbors
Yes! He/she is doing just fine! as soon as he/she comes home I will present him / her officially!