• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello all! Prospective bird owner.

Starlightembers

Moving in
Hello everyone,

It's nice to meet everyone. While I do not currently have any feathered friends, I am in the process of researching various species, collecting general information, and otherwise learning about the process of obtaining, caring for and living with a bird. I am hopeful that this forum will provide useful insight, and be there as a support as I move forward.

Quick question: If I wanted to post a thread inquiring about species I should consider given my circumstances, what subforum would best for this type of posting?

I look forward to chatting with all of you.

:heart:,
Star

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Tom B

Walking the driveway
Hi, welcome to the forum! If your trying to decide on a species i would recommend "Good Parrotkeeping" by Robin Deustch. Its a really helpful book and goes into details of all common species, categorises them begginer, advanced etc and tells you how best to care for them. :)
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hex

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Welcome to the forums! It is so refreshing to see someone doing research on species before just buying whatever bird they think is the prettiest! You will fit in well with the crowd on Avian Avenue I can tell!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site! Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
welcome!!!!!!!!!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Happy to have a new member. It is so refreshing to hear someone say they are doing research on the type of bird which would be best for them rather than coming on here and posting a desperate plea for help in dealing with an out of control impulse buy parrot.

Welcome.

dwright27

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dawn
I think that bird boulevard would be a good place, since you don't have a species picked out yet.

The mor information you provide the better advice you will get. In the interim you can go the the species specific forums and get a lot of information on them.
Here is an example; http://forums.avianavenue.com/african-grey-alley/106406-good-bad-ugly-about-african-greys.html

Good hunting!

I agree. I just joined today and threads like that one have been AWESOME for me. ^_^