• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heavy Metal Poisoning (Zinc) - sad update #28

Duckie2152

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm so very sorry your sweet Kiwi passed away. Clearly you did everything you could and Kiwi knew she was loved very much. It's so difficult to be doing everything you possibly can but not be able to fix the problem. Kiwi was blessed that she knew love & was given the best quality of life possible under the circumstances of her illness... I'm still treating Duckie orally w/ DMSA. New x-rays on 11/21 seem to show the metal is breaking down but he has not passed any that I'm aware of. I just have to keep praying and hoping for a miracle!

HRM

Moving in
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm so very sorry your sweet Kiwi passed away. Clearly you did everything you could and Kiwi knew she was loved very much. It's so difficult to be doing everything you possibly can but not be able to fix the problem. Kiwi was blessed that she knew love & was given the best quality of life possible under the circumstances of her illness... I'm still treating Duckie orally w/ DMSA. New x-rays on 11/21 seem to show the metal is breaking down but he has not passed any that I'm aware of. I just have to keep praying and hoping for a miracle!
I'm really happy that the metal is breaking down for Duckie. That's great news!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out. Keep us updated!!
Hoping for a speedy recovery