• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heating Bird Room

joshuacott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joshua Cott
Hey Everyone,

So I'm moving in a few weeks and will need a heater for the room my 2 budgies and cockatiel will be in.
It's next to impossible to source a bird specific heater where I'm living even having trouble finding any online that have good reviews and will ship to Ireland in time.

I have checked the local electrical shop and they have a Silentnight Oil Filled heater (photo attached). I'm thinking this will be safe but am having trouble finding more information on it. I will obviously turn it on for a few hours everyday for a week in a different house to ensure I burn off anything that could be on it from it being new.
I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about this heater and if they know if it would be safe?
Thank you :)

I really appreciate how helpful you all are on here <3 Screenshot_20210424-164616_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I haven't heard anything about this brand. I use a Pelonis oil filled radiator that looks similar to the one in your photo.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Don’t know that particular brand but we have and use two oil filled column heaters in winter. Many here use that type of heater as they’re generally safe.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
They are very safe and many of us on this forum use them for heat for our birds.

joshuacott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joshua Cott
I haven't heard anything about this brand. I use a Pelonis oil filled radiator that looks similar to the one in your photo.
Don’t know that particular brand but we have and use two oil filled column heaters in winter. Many here use that type of heater as they’re generally safe.
They are very safe and many of us on this forum use them for heat for our birds.
Thank you all for the help, will buy one for them next week :)