• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heather's Touche Has Left Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Anna was very sweet for posting a eulogy for Touche at my request. When I'm upset I can't write how I would like to. When I called Anna last night I think all I said was "Touche died - he waited for me!" and then just started crying. He had waited all day for me to come home so he could have a chance to say goodbye. I've never...like never had that kind of experience. I am deeply, deeply touched he would honor me that way.
Bezil was my first rescue ferret. (oh and he was named Bezil - rhymes with weasel- because he never had a name). Some lady called the local petstore, and they knew I was an animal person (and had ferrets) and told her I might take him in. I was living with my parents at the time, so I wasn't sure that the timing was right to get another pet. She told me she would just dump him beside the road if I didn't take him. So she quickly got the address. Bezil had atrophy from being caged all his life. Then I found he had cancer. All his teeth were rotten. But, he had a great happy attitude. And - amazing- he lived two years- two really happy years, before he died. And not from cancer, but from heart failure. The record for lymphoma in ferrets is 36 months, we were getting close. I admired Bezils joy for living- and he was grateful for everyday. Touche was like that, he was so happy for a clean cage and toys and *pistachios*! I am so thankful that some of my birds have never and will never know suffering like that. They just have no idea what a big bad scary world it is out there. But the rescues...they know- and they are so appreciative of everything you do for them. Apache is like that. He was SO happy to get to sit on my shoulder like a "real bird". So proud. I have to hold his tail so he doesn't fall...but he can still do ok. As long as he still has his passion for life- I'm willing to do whatever it takes to let him live.
I miss Touche so much already. I've never had a bird greet me whenever he even thinks I'm coming around. Sure the cockatoos scream for attention- but he had a special call, just for me- that he would use whenever he saw me as a way of saying "hi". Even if I went into the kitchen at 3am to get something to drink- I'd hear Touche in the the other room doing his "hi mom"! call. (a very sleepy- hi mom call). When I first got him he wouldn't step up, he was very arthritic. I cried my eyes out the day he actually OFFERED to step up for me. And I would clean his little nose every night- he got so used to it he would offer one side and then the other for me to clean. Of course he would get a pistachio for his trouble. He was the first bird that ever "chose" me to be his special person. You'll always be my special guy Touche!

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry about Touche... May he fly free :(

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I am so sorry for your loss.

sumoucat

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sue
Touche was quite a handsome fellow, wasn't he? And, oh, how they steal our hearts. Heather, what a blessing that he waited for you to come home to say goodbye. My heart goes out to you on this loss.

Sue

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so sorry for your loss Heather. Good luck with little Apache. :hug8:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Heather, I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you. Thank you for bringing much joy and love into Touche's life. You are an angel.

MollyMouse

I'm just so very sorry for you loss Heather. You are such a wonderful person :hug8:

penguin

Avenue Veteran
Oh Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about Touche. I've lost 3 amazons in my life, 2 to old age and infirmity, and feel your pain. I loved hearing about his call and how much he loves you. Maybe he knew it was time for you to help another, maybe his poor body couldn't take another seizure, but it is bittersweet that he waited to see you one last time. Fly free Touche, without pain and suffering.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Heather I'm so sorry for the pain you are now feeling but so joyous that you had the strength and the heart to love Touche and let his short time with you be full of happiness.

If you love, you grieve.

Fly free little Touche, I'm so glad that you found joy and love before you left.

pineview01

I just saw this as the contest contained the link. My husband wanted to know what was wrong with me as I sit here bawling my eyes out.

My heart goes out to you Heather!

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
:(I am so sorry to hear that Touche passed. I know that he is at peace and will be greatly missed. Touche will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Fly free Touche and fly with grace till your mom can see you again. You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.