• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heaters

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Hi everybody and everybody! It's TD and alienj. I have a question. TD had been using a K&H heated perch for some time. I had to get him a new one last year bcuz his quit. The new ones are smooth, instead of rough. TD promptly fell off of it and has never gotten on it again.

So I'm going to buy him a flat heater. These are the ones I've found. Does anyone have one of these and can recommend it? Thanks!
1664581300784.jpg

And this one.

1664563952052.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't used one myself but I know a lot of folks love and swear by the last one you pictured.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
That's the one I am probably going to get...of course it's the most expensive! You get what you pay for!

Shannan

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I have the K and H one for Walter and he really likes it. This winter will be the second winter with it and so far it has worked well. I don't have any experience with the others.

Blanae

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brandy
I have two K&H ones and a perch in my girls(cockatiels) cage. We live in ND and it gets COLD here. I have been wanting one for my B&G Macaw but I worry about the cords. I am not a huge fan of the perch itself because it is slippery. They use it rarely. The side ones they seem to snuggle up to though especially in the winter :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I use the K & H panel shown above. Rupert was afraid of it, but Sherbs liked to park herself near it during the colder months.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I already have 3 of the perches, but TD doesn't like them since they went to the smooth, slippery design. I also wish they made a smaller sized one as I feel their "small" is rather large! I have 3 though, bcuz you never know, especially in an RV, if your heat source may fail and you may not be close to a place to fix it. Gotta always have a back up!

I bought the panel and TD seems to like it. He wasn't even afraid of it like he is most new things I put in his cage.

I'm using two of the perches in Noki's cage as Noki is residing in the shed at night. I know he can't perch, but at least he can get next to them.

Thanks for the input! Happy winter!