• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HEARTBROKEN

edenkwfl

Meeting neighbors
I am heartbroken to have to post this but recent medical issues have forced us to realize we need to rehouse our two male sun conures. I am posting this here as I’m hoping there is someone close to us that can give them a good home..or at least know someone who can. We reside i. Key west, Florida. We aren’t asking anything for them other than another loving home. The only caveat is that they are a set…it’s heartbreaking enough to have to rehouse them but we refuse to split them up.

we are thinking of placing an ad in our local paper but are hesitant because(1) we aren’t sure what we should say in the ad and (2) we are concerned about screening those who respond. Is there another bird friendly site we can use to help find a good home for our boys?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry to hear this. Have you considered working with a rescue? They're good at screening & can demand vet references or home checks, which would seem creepy from a random internet classifieds person.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I agree with the above and extra caution . Extreme caution. Flipping is rampant!!! Mine called my veterinarian for reference.

But on fees...I've taken 3 that were free , and that's why I was willing to add them as I wasn't looking for more but could make room. And while the birds were free me getting cages, new perches, toys and veterinarian care was not. And I know of several good parrot people which this was the same.

But a fee is also reasonable . I support both.

Im so sorry you've been forced to come to this. I have lots of empathy for you. None of us knows what life will throw at us.

All my best wishes that a happy loving home is found!!!

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
Can you tell us a little more about them... Are they hand tame? Ages? needs?

edenkwfl

Meeting neighbors
Sorry to hear this. Have you considered working with a rescue? They're good at screening & can demand vet references or home checks, which would seem creepy from a random internet classifieds person.
No I haven’t. I’m not sure such a thing exists where I live but I will call our avian vet tomorrow to see what they say. As I’m sure you can imagine this is sudden and totally heartbreaking. Thank you for the information.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
No I haven’t. I’m not sure such a thing exists where I live but I will call our avian vet tomorrow to see what they say. As I’m sure you can imagine this is sudden and totally heartbreaking. Thank you for the information.
Where are you located? If you’re in the U.S. this thread should help Rescues

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Luckily for you, several rescues are in southern Florida! FPL (Florida Parrot Rescue) is a very good one.

lovethebirds

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
I wish you were in PA. I have a sun conure I rescued this Past year and I'd love to adopt more. Ours is out 24/7 except at bed time. He flies to us when he wants to and goes back to his playstand. These conures are so much fun. I wouldn't know what I'd do now without mine. So sorry you need a home for them.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wish you were in PA. I have a sun conure I rescued this Past year and I'd love to adopt more. Ours is out 24/7 except at bed time. He flies to us when he wants to and goes back to his playstand. These conures are so much fun. I wouldn't know what I'd do now without mine. So sorry you need a home for them.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but depending on where you're located in PA, the rescue I help with frequently has sun conures for adoption. I am in Pittsburgh.

And @edenkwfl , I am sorry you have to rehome your birds.