• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heartbroken

Perroquet

Meeting neighbors
This morning we lost our one and only pet, our 2-year-old budgie. The whole family is in mourning. We miss her so much. It's hard to be in our empty, silent house.
She went to sleep on her perch last night as usual, the picture of health. Ten hours later we found her on the floor of the cage (she had fallen, but we have no idea why), we put her on a blanket and held her gently, and she died 30 minutes later. We're awaiting results of a necroscopy. I'm so afraid I did something wrong, and her death was my fault.
I wanted to share on this forum, as only other bird owners understand how special they are, and how big a hole they leave in our hearts.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
It’s never easy to deal with death but especially hard to come to terms with an unexpected death. :sadhug2:

BudgieLove

Meeting neighbors
So sorry to hear about your little girl passing. I am sure you did everything you could, maybe she had a genetic defect from birth that you couldn’t have know about…..and sometimes as in all life some are just taken too soon for no good reason… RIP

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss. It's good that you're getting a necropsy to get some answers. My guess is it was something genetic and nothing that you did. Unfortunately, a lot of budgies come from the equivalent of puppy mills and just don't have long life spans. I hope in time you are willing to open your heart to another bird(s). There are so many budgies out there in need of good home. At the rescue I help with, at my last count, we had 24. Too many people see them as disposable and not the wonderful, sweet little birds that they are.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. Rest in peace little one.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for you and your family’s loss of your sweet friend.:sorrow: I’m sure you did everything right, and I hope the necropsy gives you some answers. It was good that she had her family around at the end.
:sadhug2:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for your loss

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for the loss of your little feathered friend.

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
I am so sorry. I know just what you mean about the house being silent.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorrow: RIP, little darling; you are loved.

Birds4evr

Meeting neighbors
This morning we lost our one and only pet, our 2-year-old budgie. The whole family is in mourning. We miss her so much. It's hard to be in our empty, silent house.
She went to sleep on her perch last night as usual, the picture of health. Ten hours later we found her on the floor of the cage (she had fallen, but we have no idea why), we put her on a blanket and held her gently, and she died 30 minutes later. We're awaiting results of a necroscopy. I'm so afraid I did something wrong, and her death was my fault.
I wanted to share on this forum, as only other bird owners understand how special they are, and how big a hole they leave in our hearts.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Budgies are so special. :sorrow::budgie9:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss :sadhug:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am sorry for your loss :sadhug:

Tragedy can hit anyone of us, it doesn't mean you did anything wrong. Losing a bird is especially hard because the world outside of our homes doesn't know all the special moments we share with our avian family members. Your family's pain in loss is valid. You are the only ones who knew the special moments and bonds shared. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Perroquet

Meeting neighbors
I don't know how I will live with myself.
Necropsy showed she was healthy, nothing wrong. The night before she died, I used a lemongrass insect spray in my upstairs bedroom (far away from where she was, which was downstairs). Now I'm convinced that that's what killed her. I'm simply devastated.

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
So sorry for your loss. Don't blame yourself. Sometimes bad things just happen and it has nothing to do with us or anything we do or don't do.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue