• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heartbroken

curiousic

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth Campbell
It’s been about 3 weeks since my girl flew out the door.
I’m heartbroken

No one has seen her, I’ve made flyers and exhausted every last one of my resources.
I’ve given up.​

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:sadhug2: theres still a chance. Someone may have her. .. but just found you yet.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry. Don't give up though. People have found their birds after longer periods of time. Have you contacted the local police department, rescues, etc?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am so sorry. Contact all the local and not-so-local rescues. Also post on FB and CL. I got one back once because I posted on CL, someone posted him found on FB, and a lovely angel sent me a screen shot and asked if that was my bird!

I also rode my bicycle almost non-stop and flagged down every motorist and told my story and asked them to keep an eye out.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
This will sound weird, but what were the people your fid is used to being around? Kids, women, men? The reason I ask is that there have been lost birds that have landed on say, a child, or a woman without knowing them because that is what they were familiar with. It may sound strange, but post flyers at community centers, senior citizen center, day camps, community pools. Also police depts. and vet offices and shelters.

Also on Lost & Found Parrot Registry & Database - 911ParrotAlert which is free.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Also, may I ask more-or-less where you live? There might be members in the area who can act as additional eyes and ears on the look out for you fid. What was her name? If she was used to other birds she may try going to ahome if she heards familiar bird sounds (I have conures, tiels, Quakers and a very loud sun.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't give up. Someone may find her or have found her. Keep contacting local rescues and animal control agencies. Post lost notices. Hoping that she does come home.

curiousic

Moving in
Real Name
Elizabeth Campbell
Also, may I ask more-or-less where you live? There might be members in the area who can act as additional eyes and ears on the look out for you fid. What was her name? If she was used to other birds she may try going to ahome if she heards familiar bird sounds (I have conures, tiels, Quakers and a very loud sun.

I live in warren county New Jersey

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Don't give up..my tiel got out and while I never found her, she was sighted and heard for more than 3 weeks. There's still a chance!

There was a tiel that survived a few months in winter somewhere

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Also let vets and animal shelters know. Check their sites often because I see birds found and dropped off at them

If you use Facebook see if a community page for your city is up. Helps to post in those too

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so sorry! Hoping for a miracle here. Big hugs.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I am so sorry, but please don't give up. The weather is warm and Cockatiels are very hearty little birds.

I have a friend who found her cat six years after he went missing. Keep checking out the lost and found sites. The faces on those sites change every day. And please don't limit your search just to lost and found Parrot sites.

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Post on Craigslist and Nextdoor, I do that for lurch every week even though it's been over a year just in case somebody found him and finally gets curious about where he came from. Setup a face book page for him, whatever helps get the info out there. There have been fids found and returned after years out with somebody that finally realized they came from a happy home:bluhug:

Last edited:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Tiels are hardy & if in shape great flyers.

Was she pretty tame? Hopefully she landed & someone is caring for her. Winter is bad but summer in 100 deg is not so great either but still there are trees with leaves for shelter & berries/ flowers/grass to be eaten.

Keep an open mind & spirit...Keep up the search...:sadhug2:

Last edited: