• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heartbroken without her

arayabd

Meeting neighbors
Hi all,

On April 19 my beloved lovebird Azulé passed away. She had an egg binding and I took her to vet as soon as I saw the egg stuck, I'm not sure what happened after but when the vet gave her back to me she was very quiet and lethargic. The next day she was a little more chipper but after feeding her her medicine she became lethargic again, ultimately passing away around 8 PM. I sat with her all day on her final day, I really did not think she was going to pass. I still feel horrible for letting her down.

She looked so weak and tired, she kept falling asleep and seemed to be in so much pain even after I fed her the anti-inflammatory. She was refusing to eat even though I kept leaving seeds near her gently. Even though she was weak all day, she would still rush to nibble my finger or come lay on my neck and cuddle up. I left her for one moment to grab a book to read to her, and she passed. I think she was waiting for me to leave the room so I wouldn't have to see.

I know it's been over a month but I still miss her everyday. Although I do have a canary, nothing will fill the void. Has anyone else experienced such heartbreak? I still cry when I think about her and feel so empty without her.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry she left you like that but she knew she was safe and loved to the end and maybe she did like you said and waited to leave. I lost Nerd bird after 31 years together and it was devastating but I knew he was happy and loved me. He left sitting on my left wrist looking up at me through his closed eyes.
I think many of us have lost our heart birds and it tears a hole in your heart every time so we know what your going through. You just have to give it time and you'll eventually be able to think more of all the good times. :sadhug:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am very sorry to hear of your loss :sorrow:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m deeply sorry for you loss. I´m so sorry you have lost your friend. :sadhug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard when they leave us.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.
:sadhug2:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry...I'm an older gal and when Hachi passed, it took about two years before I stopped crying. I can finally watch memories and remember her without a breakdown.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm so sorry honey, some of mine passed in my arms, some passed after I had to leave for work,,I think its their decision ..:sadhug2:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss fly free little one

Vittror

Jogging around the block
I'm so so sorry for your loss.

But I'm also happy for the memories you've created with her.
Happy might not be the best word for it - but I hope you understand what I mean.

I lost my budgie 7 years ago (not due death but likely due an accident when I was not at home where he escaped, never found him back) and it still hurts.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
I am sorry for your loss. :( having experienced loss in March and May this year I understand the raw pain you are in. They leave a hole in your heart that is difficult to fill. Just take time and try to focus on all of the good memories you have with her. She loved you, and in turn knew how much you loved her. :sadhug2: :heart::heart:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so sorry for your loss and I understand how you feel. I lost my Bella due to a stroke almost a month ago and my heart aches for her every day.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

clothdog

Moving in
Real Name
John Z.
I am sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. We lost our chickster to a tragic accident and she has been gone 5 months and we still grieve. We can't at this time enjoy the company of another bird while we have our 5 dogs. She should be outside today in her cage enjoying the sunshine and birds. :( Your heart will take time to heal but you will always remember with love and fondness the joy she brought you. I know we do.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Truly sorry for your loss. There is no time limit on grief. How many times I've had people say to me, "Are you still crying about that dog?" Or bird, or cat or horse or hamster or guinea pig, or whatever companion, family member, loved one, had passed. Never be ashamed to answer, Yes, I am still grieving over that beloved friend. Feel sorry for them that have never known the love of another being.