• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Healthy poop?

Ray_Ray

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ray
Hello,

Bella has made a amazing recovery from her respiratory infection. However, her poop is like this now. Is this a healthy poop?

The feces is a bit white and grey

Attachments

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Looks mostly healthy, the only thing I can see is as you mentioned, the white and great part in the normally black/brown part.
Glad to hear she made a recovery!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Looks good and healthy for a bird that eats seeds. Well formed green faeces, clean white urates and a little urine.
What was it like before? Could the differencev be because of her illness?

Ray_Ray

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ray
It used to look a typical budgie poop, no odd color. I am just slightly worried that she has either vitamin deficiency since she has FM or there is something wrong with her pancreas. I have tried vitamin drops but she hates it so much and won't go near it. I have ordered seeds mix with added vitamins and see if she likes it.

What are the typical signs of a pancreas infection?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It used to look a typical budgie poop, no odd color. I am just slightly worried that she has either vitamin deficiency since she has FM or there is something wrong with her pancreas. I have tried vitamin drops but she hates it so much and won't go near it. I have ordered seeds mix with added vitamins and see if she likes it.

What are the typical signs of a pancreas infection?
Odd colour? These poops are the normal colour. The occasional grey looking poop is we're there were very little urates to get rid of so it smears on the faeces. If you smear a grey one you'll see.
Yes to a fortified seed mix but we should never give extra vitamins, whether they are in powder form or liquid, unless a vet notices a lack of vitamins.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Hey my budgie has this same problem. Grey covering over the green poops. I noticed it before she had a crop infection or AGY and it’s still happening after the Bacteria was gone from her so I’m not sure what it is. Did you figure out what it was and how to fix it. My vet can’t get me a re-check 2 Wednesdays from now. Thanks

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Hey my budgie has this same problem. Grey covering over the green poops. I noticed it before she had a crop infection or AGY and it’s still happening after the Bacteria was gone from her so I’m not sure what it is. Did you figure out what it was and how to fix it. My vet can’t get me a re-check 2 Wednesdays from now. Thanks
Do you have any photos you can share?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Ah @pat21. Sorry, never made the connection.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Yeah no worries I have my vet appointment in a week and a half so hopefully all goes well.
I hope it all goes well too. Keep us updated.

Ray_Ray

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ray
Sorry for the late reply, everything is fine now, It was her diet that made her poop that color. I changed her seeds mix and give her probiotics in her water sometimes since she has French molt and everything went back to normal.

I hope your Budgie is doing well, keep up updated if you can.

pat21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pat
Sorry for the late reply, everything is fine now, It was her diet that made her poop that color. I changed her seeds mix and give her probiotics in her water sometimes since she has French molt and everything went back to normal.

I hope your Budgie is doing well, keep up updated if you can.
Thanks for the reply. I’m going to the vet this Wednesday I hope it all turns out well. Will keep you guys updated.