• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Healthy bread recipe for birds and people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
I'm looking for a recipe (or more than one if possible) 'cause Miss Jewel seems to only want to try new foods that mommy is eating.

She turned her nose up at birdie bread..and while I love her, I wanted her to eat it, not for me to so she would try it! :hehe:
Did some searching.. and found a recipe that looks good in terms of vitamin A and calcium -- what do you all think? http://www.recipekey.com/therecipes/Apple-Cider-Bread-or-Muffins

Any other ideas or suggestions appreciated, of course

Thanks!
Tracy
foster-fid Jewel (3yr old CAG)

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
It would be better for you without the sugar but I do not know how to adapt recipes but looks good you also could pretend to eat birdie bread or give from your plate that is what I do when I have a bird that does not like it bythe way I have tasted pellets for Percy to get him use to them thanks for sharing:hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I agree with Cynthia, I pretend to eat the birdy bread, and my fids eat it if I do that.
I have also tried several different kinds of pellets, and my birds ate them, because I did, LOL!

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I always pretend and go MMMM!!! And make a big deal out of it. Koba tries it eventually that way. I tried her Zupreem pellets just for the fun of it. Never, ever again LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.