• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He wants to fly! (and eat popcorn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I exercise Jasper by having him perch on a stick and then I run up and down my house yelling while he holds tight and flaps madly. At first he'd just hunker down and stare at me. Now he flaps and yells and acts very proud of himself afterward. Tonight we had something very exciting happen, for me at least.

I had him on the perch ready to go, and asked him, "Are you ready? Are you ready to flap?" And he leaned forward and spread his wings a little bit. He's NEVER done that before. I told him, "Really? Are you really ready?" and he actually raised his wings up and did sort of a half-flap! I about died. I THOUGHT he liked it, and tonight he showed me that I was right and he does enjoy it, even if he's still a bit out of shape.

This bird has been flightless for 24 years. Maybe this year he'll finally get to fly! I found another clipped wing feather yesterday as well, which means he's growing another pair of flights in too! I think he'll still need to grow in a few more before they do him any good, but we're getting there!

We shared some salt and butter free popcorn tonight and this was the mess he made on the table. Only moments later he flapped and sent it flying All Over the place. The dogs helped clean up though.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Oh I just love it when they do that... make a mess and then blow it all over the floor... *giggle* silly birdies. :)

Can't wait to hear more about flying too!!

Last edited:

mtngirl

Sprinting down the street
That is so wonderful! I cannot wait to hear of his first flight!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:omg: what a little piglet!!!:hug8:
Love the pic!!:D

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
That's so exciting! Great pic, too!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Lol that's adorable - cute photo. :heart:

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
What a mess, lol. Birds tend to leave a mess everywhere they go. Im so glad he is enjoying being able to flap his wings and getting excited to fly. I hope he fly’s soon for you. He will be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.