• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He still needs a name

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I've just been calling him little dude. He's so stinking pretty. I wish I could get better photos of him - He's a beautiful summer sky blue, and his wings are white tipped in a pale grey and black freckles.

He's also got pin feathers all over his head and I didn't realize I'm sort of addicted to getting pins because my fingertips absolutely ITCH every time I look at him.

I feel like he looks like a human name. Mike? Is he a Mikey? Or Mickey - I could tell him he's so fine, he blows my mind :roflmao:

I can't get too close without him freaking out, but he's apparently chill enough to preen with me in the room (about 3ft away). I wish I could introduce him to the other kids, it would do him some good I bet. Quarantine sucks. Necessary, I know. But it still sucks.

Attachments

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
What a cutie :heart:
How long are you keeping him? Will you be doing diet conversion and earning trust?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
What a cutie :heart:
How long are you keeping him? Will you be doing diet conversion and earning trust?
I dunno the answer to any of that :arghh: he's here now, I might as well see what I can do. I got a bunch of toys so that way he's not just sitting there with nothing to do. And I got a radio for him since my other one is in the bird room.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do like the name Mickey for him,or if you wanted literature bird names I've got.
Tobias,Soren,Skarlath,Buckbeak,Hedwig.

I'm leaning towards younger his face seems babyish to me but I could be totally wrong. Hmm @Ripshod @Lori D Pert may know.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
I've just been calling him little dude
You can stop doubting yourself, he is a boy ;)

As far as I can tell he is past the time where you can make any accurate guess. He has mature cere colour, iris ring, and I am not really seeing baby bars. I can't remember the age for mature cere colour but I am sure Lori should.
I'll throw out there that he might be at least a year old :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Micky is a great name
He is beautiful
Can you share a close up if his eyes? It looked like a little feather loss it puffy eyelids? Nit sure would like to see in better pic

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Feather loss around eyes can sn indicate a sinus infection) infection...
As you know my rescue budgie from outside brought in avian Chlamydia . Which is pretty infectious and being in another room might not be enough to prevent spreading...if this is something he could have .

I'd get him checked out quick. As budgie don't always show much symptoms.

It could be you share better eye pics and sll is fine ...but I'm just worried about feather loss around eyes .

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Feather loss around eyes can sn indicate a sinus infection) infection...
As you know my rescue budgie from outside brought in avian Chlamydia . Which is pretty infectious and being in another room might not be enough to prevent spreading...if this is something he could have .

I'd get him checked out quick. As budgie don't always show much symptoms.

It could be you share better eye pics and sll is fine ...but I'm just worried about feather loss around eyes .
Of cause she should cautious, but it'd be good to keep in mind the little one is moulting ;) Some of mine look truly awful when moulting.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
He's got an appointment for Thursday :D I will say, he's overall acting fine - there's no discharge from any orifice, poops look normal (oh my god, he poops SO MUCH!), no sneezing, etc. But he'll get a check over and a fecal done to make sure. He eats like a champ!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Budgie do poop a lot!! Omg! A lot

All perfect little donuts? , No moisture?

Discharge is rarer . I only had a few sneeze in one of the 3
But I did get soft squishy poop with polyuria sometimes green in all 3 .

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Budgie do poop a lot!! Omg! A lot

All perfect little donuts? , No moisture?

Discharge is rarer . I only had a few sneeze in one of the 3
But I did get soft squishy poop with polyuria sometimes green in all 3 .
Perfect little circles of poo. No excess moisture, tiny white dot of urates, exactly what I've seen photos of on here of normal poo. There's just soooo much :roflmao: maybe I can't have a dozen of them. I'd go broke changing the paper so much!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
One day! :rofl:

He's in the quarantine cage now. I deep cleaned it and let it sit outside, so he had a couple days in a little travel cage. On the plus side, it made it easier to monitor poop on the white paper towels. Now I'm leaving him alone a bit because the move from the travel cage to the larger one was not as smooth as I would have liked. I ended up having to towel him because he was adamant about not moving.

0FDC4991-983E-41B7-9E09-A7E808052D66.jpeg

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
As far as I can tell he is past the time where you can make any accurate guess. He has mature cere colour, iris ring, and I am not really seeing baby bars. I can't remember the age for mature cere colour but I am sure Lori should.
I'll throw out there that he might be at least a year old :)
100% correct. Mature cere colour can occur anytime after 5 months but 5 - 9 months usually. The iris ring will start to become visible around 1 year. Baby bars disappear after 1st moult about 4-5 months. All I can say with any absolute accuracy is that he is over 5 months but my gut tells me he is over 10 months. Mickey is an adorable name...
Editing to add that his poop seems fine :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Poop looks great!! Except top left...might be seeing some stains around,?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
over 10 months
Saying he's 18 months wouldn't be far off then? That's what I told the vet when I made the appointment :roflmao:

Poop looks great!! Except top left...might be seeing some stains around,?
Dang, I threw it away already! I'll check the paper in the morning and see what's what

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
It's probably fine. I'm super worrier ;)

Fickle

Strolling the yard
He’s adorable fur sure. :heart: