• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He still needs a name

VanSwss

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sara
Not sure if you picked a name or not, but I think he looks like a Merlin!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Yes....uhhh this is how I got in trouble
Some things he can pick up from wild birds have longer incubation times . Averages 2 weeks plus ...that's why quarantine recommend 30 days or some dovtirs recommend longer

My escape budgie I rescue. Was bitten by cat, I had in antibiotics fir 2:'weejs sbd in quarantine. But he was so healthy recovered active going nuts. I asked my doc can I let him out of quarantine early. She said I should wait. I did not Waite. And he broke with Chlamydia after I ket him with my flock !!! Just about killed 2 of my birds!! Vet says Chlamydia can incubation 2 weeks on average

I'm just worried cuz I did this! I paid a big price for letting out of quarantine early

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
The ideal is get a bird get vet check dsy one, wait a month get vet check and tests done. Most of us can't afford that so do the month then the vet check and tests .

I'm just sharing my worry, because this is the exact thing I'd did, took in a budgie that had been living in the wild ( unknown amount of time free) then let it be with my birds after 2 weeks ....then he got sick , then all of mine got sick . When I ket him out he was eating great do darn active and happy normal pooping....

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
The ideal is get a bird get vet check dsy one, wait a month get vet check and tests done. Most of us can't afford that so do the month then the vet check and tests .

I'm just sharing my worry, because this is the exact thing I'd did, took in a budgie that had been living in the wild ( unknown amount of time free) then let it be with my birds after 2 weeks ....then he got sick , then all of mine got sick . When I ket him out he was eating great do darn active and happy normal pooping....
Eesh :depressed: yeah, he'll stay in quarantine then. I'd lose my mind if something happened to my two.