• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He’s actually a she!!!

Heihei

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Aaliyah Mariano
My cockatiel Hei-Hei was believed to be a boy but after bawling my eyes out thinking that he was dying, he laid an egg which means he is actually a she! I know nothing about egg laying and she’s an only child. She only laid one and I don’t know if she’s supposed to lay more than that especially since they’re not fertilized. I need as much help as possible!!!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nice nam! From Moana?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
A cockatiel hen can lay a clutch of eggs as many as 5-7. Make sure she has plenty of calcium in her diet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Calcium Rich Food for Birds

Greens. Leafy green vegetables are a calcium-filled addition to your bird's diet. ...
Beans. Beans are another good source of calcium to feed your bird. ...
Fruits. Although fruit shouldn't make up the majority of your bird's diet -- as it's too high in sugar -- certain fruits are a good way to get him some ...
Nuts and Seeds

Heihei

Real Name
Aaliyah Mariano
Calcium Rich Food for Birds

Greens. Leafy green vegetables are a calcium-filled addition to your bird's diet. ...
Beans. Beans are another good source of calcium to feed your bird. ...
Fruits. Although fruit shouldn't make up the majority of your bird's diet -- as it's too high in sugar -- certain fruits are a good way to get him some ...
Nuts and Seeds
She refuses to eat any type of fruits or vegetables I’ve been trying ever since she was a little weaned hatchling and she could actually eat food but she refuses and only eats the pellets and the seeds I give her. She has two cuddle bones and I put supplements in her food but that’s all she’ll eat which kind of sucks. Any suggestions for this will help too!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Does she eat pellets? Having pellets as a base diet will help lots. If not, stick with the supplements. The cuttlefish bones don´t do much.

Heihei

Real Name
Aaliyah Mariano
Does she eat pellets? Having pellets as a base diet will help lots. If not, stick with the supplements. The cuttlefish bones don´t do much.
Yes her diet is mostly pellets and supplements with a little bit of seeds. I try to keep her eating mostly pellets since I know seeds don’t really do much for them health wise