• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hazel has passed away.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
Im so sorry for your loss x It is very hard when they go suddenly.. He was clearly very well loved. May he live in your heart always x

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for you. I've lost a number of pets and horses in the 70 years I've been around and it always hurts incredably

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
:(So very sorry. Sending you hugs:sadhug2:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I am so sorry. Pm me if you need to talk.

nikkib

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nikki Bales
I'm sorry. It was much, much too soon.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I'm so sorry. Please don't feel you did anything wrong, this happens with people and animals, sometimes. It's heartbreaking, and we understand. Keep coming back here. :sorrow:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@plushbytes Please excuse my boo boo on your first post. I in no way would have pressed the laugh button on purpose. It was an unfortunate error and then my not checking my post. I'm so very sorry and hope it did not cause you ay pain.

I'm so sorry for your grief.

plushbytes

Meeting neighbors
Still no results from the necropsy yet. It said about 10 business days which still gives me a length of time to ponder.

The breeder I got Hazel from was very reputable, and lots of people compliment on her healthy birds she sells. I don't know anything about bird breeding but I'm starting to become a little suspicious. I have contacted her before asking about available green cheek conures and she always responds within 24 hours. I emailed her asking for a health guarantee form on December 3rd (it isn't listed on her Facebook page, but she says she'd be more than happy to give it if you ask) and she hasn't responded back. I also texted her yesterday at around 10am asking form the form since I hadn't received an email response, and she hasn't texted back. I'm not a bird breeder and part of me wants to believe she's busy, but now I'm scared something fishy is going on.

Not sure if this adds on, but she also sells unweaned babies and states that a heath guarantee form does not apply to them (Hazel was weaned so this doesn't apply to me). I have recently learned that selling unweaned parrots is bad practice and is looked down upon. I don't want to start pointing any fingers yet because Hazel's necropsy hasn't come back and maybe she's just busy, but I have a bad gut feeling about this. She is VERY well known in my state if not the ONLY trustworthy breeder here in KY. I won't say who it is until I can get all my facts lined up.

Hazel passed away pretty young (3.5 years) and I don't think it would hurt asking for a health guarantee form. I know some breeders have it as short as 14 days and as long as 5 years, but I thought I should ask anyways even though it probably isn't that long of a timeframe.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I would have thought that a health guarantee would normally be requested at the time of purchase or very soon after purchase, if that is the case then could that explain the tardiness of the breeder getting back to you regarding the guarantee as your bird was not newly acquired?