• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hawk heads in multibird household?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Reactions: tka

JhonPot

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
John Potek
Birds of prey are as beautiful as the wilderness of the US itself.
Hawks, in my opinion, are more beautiful than parrots anyway. There are almost 270 species of hawks across the globe, and 25 of them are present in the US. The most popular of them are Roadside Hawk, Broad-winged Hawk, Zone-tailed Hawk, Harris’s Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, and many others.

JhonPot

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
John Potek
Hawks, in my opinion, are more beautiful than parrots anyway. There are almost 270 species of hawks across the globe, and 25 of them are present in the US. The most popular of them are Roadside Hawk, Broad-winged Hawk, Zone-tailed Hawk, Harris’s Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk, and many others.
Btw, Red-tailed Hawk never turns away from its partner till its death. As for myself, I have Harris hawk, which sometimes I take with me for quail hunting. They also are useful for farmers because regulate the number of rodents like mice, field rats, rabbits, which can destroy the whole fields of crop. It’s also quite a strong creature: it easily lifts a weight of 2.5 kg with its own weight of 1-1.2 kg. Since I’m a big outdoor enthusiast, I go camping every weekend, and sometimes it‘s pretty curious to learn smth new, for example, must-visit sights of nature, biodiversity of our world like types of hawks, other representatives of fauna, and flora, etc.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
@JhonPot-- WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :loveshower:
I have great respect for raptor enthusiasts... can't remember what you're called though ...
Definately, special requirements, both to belong to that group, and to 'own' a raptor.

So you have a macaw?
Have you ever seen a Hawk Headed Parrot? -- Love it when they raise the back of their nape!