• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Have you ever seen a budgie like this?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I just found out that there is a type of budgie called a Hagaromo Budgie and they have "shoulderpad" feathers. I wonder is the odd feathers effect their flying?

Here's a photo from Google:
1585757098058.png

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I don't like them and I'll use my dying breath to stop anyone buying them. These are mutations borne from inbreeding. Do not sponsor these breeder's folks, get a healthy budgie.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
How sad! :sad14:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I don't like them and I'll use my dying breath to stop anyone buying them. These are mutations borne from inbreeding. Do not sponsor these breeder's folks, get a healthy budgie.
I totally agree with you, I would never get one of these budgies unless it was a rescue situation. I don't understand it when people breed for looks without making sure that they actually have healthy animals.

I sometimes wonder what all the pets in the world would look like if we actually bred for healthy animals, and not "pretty looking" animals.

WOW! That is bizarre. I'm sorry to hear it is a mutation from inbreeding. Yikes. But, on a happy note, @Kiwi's Mom , I :heart: your signature!
Thanks! I made it a couple days ago!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks very uncomfortable... Think about the ways the feathers are sitting in this poor bird's skin! :( I can't even see why anyone would want a bird looking that way either, it's not even nice to look at :eek: Disturbing mostly..

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That's terrible! I also came across another horrible mutation not that long ago... this is the "feather duster" budgie
Feather Duster Budgies – Pet Birds by Lafeber Co.
I've seen those before :(

If one came into my possesion, (Very unlikely since I would never buy one and it's a very rare mutation) I would figure out if I could trim it's feathers so that it could actually have quality of life.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Looks very uncomfortable... Think about the ways the feathers are sitting in this poor bird's skin! :( I can't even see why anyone would want a bird looking that way either, it's not even nice to look at :eek: Disturbing mostly..
I agree with this. Those feathers look really uncomfortable.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those photos actually make me shudder. Those feathers must be so uncomfortable, and how is the poor bird supposed to preen? Or even see?!

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
the bird is a Japanese crested I personally think they look ugly lol someone on instagram is trying to breed them

Dorcas George

I thought so too. It looks uncomfortable for the poor birds. I hope that is not the case. :sad14:

Dorcas George

I've seen those before :(

If one came into my possesion, (Very unlikely since I would never buy one and it's a very rare mutation) I would figure out if I could trim it's feathers so that it could actually have quality of life.
For sure! POOR BIRD!!!! That is awful.

Sherp

Meeting neighbors
If people can do it they will do it sadly... Happens with all the pet animals, the worst ones to my memory are the Feather Dusters as stated earlier and the ‘Spider’ Ball Python snakes... I don’t like the idea of having a pet thats quality of life is immediately hindered by genetics, especially for the sake of fashion and amusement... :banghead: