• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Have you ever bought F10 from overseas?

Kori

Walking the driveway
Hello. First post, long time reader.
Sadly, my beloved Pinko, an 8 and a 1/2 year old budgie, passed away Monday night.
He had a tumor and earlier in the year he tested positive for AGY, then a month later tested negative (PCR). Maybe a false positive?

Anyway, I want to thoroughly clean his cage and maybe use it again later on. So, I wanted to buy F10 SC - on ebay because I live in Japan and can't find it here.
I was wondering - has anyone who bought this from an overseas vendor ever had to pay import tax or other fees? Even on the small 200ml size?

Thanks ^^

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I am sorry for your loss. There are some members who have imported this cleaner, but I am unaware of any members who imported it to Japan.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
I am sorry for your loss! Your Pinko looks beautiful, I am glad he had eight years to enjoy this world.

I imported the 200ml from the UK to the US and it was quite expensive.

Other users will know better, but if you do not have other birds around, I would imagine that bleach solution would be appropriate in this case. The upside of F10 is not that it is the only cleaner that kills avian pathogens, but that it can be safely used around birds and allowed to dry on toys and bowls and cages that birds will use later, unlike bleach. For the purposes of cleaning and disinfecting without birds in the immediate area, I would imagine bleach solution would take care of this.

Kori

Walking the driveway
I am sorry for your loss! Your Pinko looks beautiful, I am glad he had eight years to enjoy this world.

I imported the 200ml from the UK to the US and it was quite expensive.

Other users will know better, but if you do not have other birds around, I would imagine that bleach solution would be appropriate in this case. The upside of F10 is not that it is the only cleaner that kills avian pathogens, but that it can be safely used around birds and allowed to dry on toys and bowls and cages that birds will use later, unlike bleach. For the purposes of cleaning and disinfecting without birds in the immediate area, I would imagine bleach solution would take care of this.
Thank you :pinksmile:
Shipping from Australia to Japan is not too bad.... total would come to around $33 USD (product + shipping). Bit expensive for 200ml, but not as bad as I imagined? I can't see how it would incur much in the way of fees but... I just don't know.
Thanks for the bleach tip. I could do that, but I'm still hoping someone can allay my fears regarding importing F10, it sounds like such a great product. ^^

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I did buy it in Australia but I was in Australia at the time. A whole new bottle is in my Moms house never used. It was around $23 US

Don't know if they ship to Japan but it does not seem they exclude it.

Hope you can get it as its good for everything 7 a safe household disinfectant.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If they don’t ship to Japan I’m willing to help out if I can as long as I don’t incur any costs lol.
I think it will be a very costly purchase for you importing it (maybe look at other options for disinfecting?) but if you really want F10 and you can only get it from Aus I’m willing to help if there’s any issues with shipping :)

I have 5lts of it so I don’t know how much they’re now charging for the 200ml bottle but I do know prices went up since covid first hit.

Kori

Walking the driveway
If they don’t ship to Japan I’m willing to help out if I can as long as I don’t incur any costs lol.
I think it will be a very costly purchase for you importing it (maybe look at other options for disinfecting?) but if you really want F10 and you can only get it from Aus I’m willing to help if there’s any issues with shipping :)

I have 5lts of it so I don’t know how much they’re now charging for the 200ml bottle but I do know prices went up since covid first hit.
That is so so kind of you :heart2: I've actually gone ahead and ordered it. It ended up being about $30 but seeing as non concentrated pet cleaner here is about $20 anyway, it didn't seem so bad. There are some things I like to have in English so I'm 100% sure I know what it is and understand the ingredients. But thank you so much for your kind offer xx

Kori

Walking the driveway
Update 2: It arrived earlier this week. Took about 3 weeks - most of that time was leaving Australia, most likely because of their strict covid restrictions. Once it left Oz it arrived pretty quickly. Was stopped at customs in both Tokyo and Osaka but was cleared within a day. Arrived the day it left Osaka and there were NO extra fees. Woohoo.
After Pinkos brush with AGY, I'm happy to have this to keep things extra clean for Azuki.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:bliss:It's great safe stuff to have around for birdies & self.

Still a new unopened one in Moms bathroom in Australia that I left... :crycry:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Sorry Mom died & all the stuff is lost in limbo.