• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Have these pellets gone bad?

Tiffytaffy

Moving in
I recently bought a bag of pellets from Fiory, and after I moved some of the pellets into another container, I noticed that some pellets looked a bit weird. Most of them are a nice consistent color, but some of them are a bit darker in color, and a few are very dark in color. Should I be concerned about the state of these pellets? Can I feed them to my bird? I think I read that Roudybush pellets can have some that are darker in color due to the iron added to it, but I've never bought Fiory pellets before, so I hope someone can help me on this.

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Roudybush has alfalfa in it, which can create some darker colored pellets. If you want the extra peace of mind, send the photo to Roudybush and ask their opinion :)

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I only have experience with the Fiori micropills- which are indeed colored but look like little pencil eraser slices. I don’t know what variety you purchased, but maybe you could google images of the food variety?? Otherwise, yes email the manufacturer!