• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Have questions re: paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I thought I would start another thread as I have questions about disputes with sellers. I made a purchase in November from a company. There initially was a mix up with the order, and the seller and I had initially corresponded to try and fix the problem. I was told that the order would be upgraded and that she would be sending it out. That was the last I heard from them. I emailed them again in January to find out what was going on. Now they are not answering my emails. I have called three times this week and left messages and no response.

I did take your advice and went to paypal to do a dispute. I processed the dispute on their website, and it told me they can't help me. That I need to contact the seller. I am going to call Paypal later and speak to someone directly to see why they won't help me.

My question is, have any of you had a similar response from Paypal? I am assuming it is because it is past the dates allowed for a resolution. From what I am reading, you have 45 days, and I am assuming that is why they said they can't help me. If anyone can help me understand this a little clearer before I call Paypal, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a feeling I am going to be out my 50 bucks.:scared6:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am sorry you are having problems. Paypal does have a time period that they will handle things. Did you pay with a credit card via paypal? If so you can contact your credit card company and file a claim with them.

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Unfortunately I paid it straight from my bank account. I hope they call me back, or my order does miraculously make it here. I just don't hold out too much hope at this point.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:)Newf... would you be able to tell us who this vendor is... so we can be aware as well? I'd hate for someone else on here to fall in the same situation as you.

pga7602

Jogging around the block
I don't have god news for you. A store which I can't name on here did the same thing to me, but since I used my bank account Paypal couldn't help me. I did the whole process of filing the claim and winning, but in the end, I got a notice from paypal they couldn' tdo anything. This is exactly why I don't connect a bank account to paypal anymore. If I need to use paypal, I connect it to one of my Credit Cards.

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Well, I must have done something nice today. I just received an email telling me they shipped my order this morning. So I should be expecting it next week. :dance4:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Try calling your bank to see if they also cant help you. I am not sure if they can. Wouldnt hurt to try.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That's great that you should finally get your order! Back near the genesis of AA, I heard so many people having issues with the 45 day thing and paypal that I only have my credit card attached to my paypal now, just for that security layer, and use my cc directly when it's reasonable to do so.

birdsafe

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Arbogast
The nice thing about PayPal is that your mailing information is kept secure too. On our store the page where you enter your shipping information is a secure page. Most sites don't give you a secure page until you get to the credit card information page, so you enter your Name, Address, telephone, etc. on a page that is not encrypted and can be intercepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.