• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Have a problem with quarantine place

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Hi, I bought new birds but I don't keep it into my birds room. But the problem is I don't have quarantine place in my house. In my birds 60280035_2287178708189733_6818253006077689856_n.jpg room has a balcony I attached picture. Yellow colored arrow is my birds room door and red colored arrow is quarantine place where I want to do quarantine. If I quarantine my new birds here how effective it will and can my old birds get any problem from new birds?? Another matter is in this balcony there is an air conditioner outdoor unit which face outside of the balcony. As like second picture 60600246_301831100693763_5882304848308731904_n.png
Is it safe to quarantine in this place?? cause of AC's outdoor unit which face toward outside and can my birds face any problem foe quarantine here?? I am worried about that. Thanks

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The idea of quarantine is to stop air flow between the birds while you observe the bird and make sure s/he´s not sick/going to die or harbouring any illnesses that could be passed onto existing birds.

When you bring a new bird home, a trip to the vet is important. The new bird needs to be tested for diseases and his poop looked at under a microscope for any parasites.

When you have the new birds away from the old birds, and no air flow is between them, you must also wash your hands up to your elbows, and change your shirt.
It is best if you could leave the birds at a friends house or other second location while you run the tests. I used my parents holiday home 3 doors down and would shower between visits until I got the all clear from my vet.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
The idea of quarantine is to stop air flow between the birds while you observe the bird and make sure s/he´s not sick/going to die or harbouring any illnesses that could be passed onto existing birds.

When you bring a new bird home, a trip to the vet is important. The new bird needs to be tested for diseases and his poop looked at under a microscope for any parasites.

When you have the new birds away from the old birds, and no air flow is between them, you must also wash your hands up to your elbows, and change your shirt.
It is best if you could leave the birds at a friends house or other second location while you run the tests. I used my parents holiday home 3 doors down and would shower between visits until I got the all clear from my vet.
How many days you quarantine your new birds??

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
At least 30 days is always recommended. The further apart the birds are from each other, the better.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
90 days is quarantine for exporting/importing birds across into another country.

30 days is ok. Some recommend 45. So if you can do 45 then do that.

It is very important to visit the vet for the tests though. Do you know where your nearest avian vet is?

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
some people said need at last three month 90 days.
Do what is recommended for your area by your avian vet. Get all the tests taken care of on day one or two if at all possible. When test results are completed and compiled, your vet will recommend what is best for you. The new bird's history, like where she lived, contact with other birds, medical care previously provided, etc is all taken into account.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
It depends on where they come from how long I quarantine. If it is a person I know, and I know they do a lot of preventive care, I will do 30 days. If it's a place with a ton of birds, or I got it at a show, longer quarantine is needed.

Be sure to wash your hands between rooms to keep from transferring germs.

Just do your best. :)

Here's some quarantine information

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can wild birds get into the balcony or is it closed off? If wild birds can get into the balcony or if their droppings can get through mesh etc, then it's not a suitable place for you to quarantine.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Can wild birds get into the balcony or is it closed off? If wild birds can get into the balcony or if their droppings can get through mesh etc, then it's not a suitable place for you to quarantine.
No. Full balcony covered net. No wild bird enter balcony?can is it safe palace quarentine?

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
90 days is quarantine for exporting/importing birds across into another country.

30 days is ok. Some recommend 45. So if you can do 45 then do that.

It is very important to visit the vet for the tests though. Do you know where your nearest avian vet is?
There is no avian vet in my country only poultry vet available.