• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has this ever happened to your birds?

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I have to ask this because it’s an intrusive thought that keeps playing out in my head, I almost feel like it’s inevitably going to happen one day :roflmao:
(It has not happened to my birds, at least not that I know of)

Have your birds ever pooped on each other?:rofl:

Currently, Raijū sleeps above Phoenix, sometimes almost directly above, and I can’t help but think every morning before I uncover them that Phoenix is going to be covered in Raijū’s poo:roflmao:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, no, but…

My Opie has a magnificently long tail. And when he is clinging to the side of the cage, his tail from its middle to the tip is flat against the bars.

*sigh* I think you see where I’m going with this…sometimes when he poops in that position it coats the underside of his tail!:facepalm:

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Yes :depressed: But it was pretty dry, and fell right off when Jazzy shook his feathers out. I think if it had been the other way around, a tiel poop falling on my poor little budgie, he wouldn’t have gotten off so easily.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Under ideal circumstances, this shouldn't be an issue because birds naturally avoid perching underneath other birds when given the choice. They prefer to seek out the highest available location for a variety of reasons. If you notice this happening to your birds with any frequency, I would look at the layout of your cage and move some perches around to reduce occurrences.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the occasional surprise sky poop from catching them off-guard in a large flock setting when they have birds flying over them, but the odds are against it being a common occurrence.

honkwee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
ava
Darcy really enjoys foraging on the floor of the cage, So he has been pooped on once or twice. But more often than not Bingley joins Darcy and they forage and play together.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Under ideal circumstances, this shouldn't be an issue because birds naturally avoid perching underneath other birds when given the choice. They prefer to seek out the highest available location for a variety of reasons. If you notice this happening to your birds with any frequency, I would look at the layout of your cage and move some perches around to reduce occurrences.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the occasional surprise sky poop from catching them off-guard in a large flock setting when they have birds flying over them, but the odds are against it being a common occurrence.
Phoenix is an oddball, he sleeps toward the bottom of the cage. There’s no perches directly above where Phoenix is, but I think if Raijū aims just right.. :lol:

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
My birds 90% of the time sleep on the same perch, so I don't think this has happened to me :rofl: