• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has someone experience something like this with your bird ?

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
So today Lucas woke up normally and he has eat and drink his water . So when I was observing him I see something stuck on the side of his anus area not even there but a little bit around that area . So I see it closely and just blow it like a little bit so thinking it would go away but it didn’t it seems like a dry white part of the poop . Would that come out eventually ? He just took a shower but still there and I don’t want to touch it cause I don’t see it appropriate to do so . Please advise . I would try to take a picture this one is him preening right now.

Attachments

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I think it does look like a little bit of dried urates. Leaving it can easily give successive eliminations something to stick to making it worse. I would remove it and watch for it happening again.

Lucas2019

Real Name
Maria
I think it does look like a little bit of dried urates. Leaving it can easily give successive eliminations something to stick to making it worse. I would remove it and watch for it happening again.
Thanks he took a shower and it was still there then I checked again and is gone thanks for answering . It was dry so I didn’t want to harm him so I was waiting to be gone by itself and thanks God it did

Mantis64

So today Lucas woke up normally and he has eat and drink his water . So when I was observing him I see something stuck on the side of his anus area not even there but a little bit around that area . So I see it closely and just blow it like a little bit so thinking it would go away but it didn’t it seems like a dry white part of the poop . Would that come out eventually ? He just took a shower but still there and I don’t want to touch it cause I don’t see it appropriate to do so . Please advise . I would try to take a picture this one is him preening right now.
I can see in the picture he is puffed up is he constantly like this or is it just in the picture.