• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has Anyone Heard of Vetri -DMG Anitoxident Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

funtimebirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ann
Hi Everyone,

When we adopted our African Grey "Jerry" he was a plucker. He has plucked on and off through out the years. About a year ago we thought we finally solved his problem. He was afraid of the dark. We let him sleep with a light on and that worked for many months but he has started plucking again.

Someone recommend we use Vetri-DMG. (They have not used it themselves but heard about it) They said a lot of people have been getting good results with it. I have never heard of it.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of it or better yet has tried it? I am very reluctant to use something for any of my birds unless I actually know someone who is using it.

I provided a link above. You have to read down to the section that says "What is this Product used For" to see that they say it can be used for birds.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Ann

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I am using Vetri DMG with Emmett. When we got him we found out he had a pretty nasty bacterial infection that had moved past his crop and into his cloaca. He was treated twice with meds and now that his cultures and cbc are more under control his avian vet suggested he be on Bene Bac and the DMG. He will be re-checked in June. Good luck with Jerry! He is a very handsome grey! I put the five drops (.22cc) in with some warm water or warm juice and Em takes it really well. It's suppose to be tasteless, however, Em was not happy with it by itself. I was also told you can put it on a favorite treat and that splitting it into an a.m does and p.m dose help it be absorbed better.

Status
Not open for further replies.