• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone bought a African Grey from Xotic Parrots in Ohio

Has anyone heard of Xotic Parrots in Ohio

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xotic Girl

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie
Here is their website AVAILABLE PARROTS I'm looking to buy a Congo Grey and they seem to be great communicators and have reasonable prices etc... But hey first hand experience from someone who has owned one of their birds would be even better. They are located in Columbus Ohio and only do hobby breeding. Anyways any input would be great.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Looks like a scam to me. Selling 1 day old birds? Not only does that seem almost criminal but I don't even think it's possible to ship a 1 day old baby and have it survive.

Then the fact that they say the babies are trained not to bite? Lol.

The website has only been up since 2016. I have to say- most definitely scammers.

Have you ever considered visiting a rescue? There are so many homeless birds who can be wonderful companions.

Doublete

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katie
Haven't bought from there but I don't think they sell day old chicks.... the pictures seem to be examples of the babies... just to show... the buy icon is after the older pictures...

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Multiple red flags on this site:
Regarding their green wing macaws:
"6 weeks
Almost ready to go to experience bird or parrot owners only for fear that they may die if not handled well" 6 weeks not even weaned and then the comment about dying if not handled well. Sending them off at 6 wks. is not a good thing.
The "why we are different list is an exact copy" of what is listed on other bird breeder websites and it mentions "K and K farms"...maybe that is another name for this place or maybe it's from the place that this was copied off of.
Used to be a website called quiniparrots with the same info so maybe this place is the same and changed their name.
Now check this out, an article written in 1999 by Judy Leach which was copied into their history info although dates have been changed and there have been other modifications as well as multiple spelling errors: Perseverance and Parrots | Leach | AFA Watchbird
This info was also listed on the quiniparrots website which no longer exists.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They apparently sold a hyacinth (which she thinks is an African grey) to a country known to be the world's strictest on animal importation, and visited her. Maybe they just liked that her parents clearly love Australia based on her name.

Oh, and kkaviary.net comes up as a result when you search that reference also. That site is shut down.

Screenshot_20161227-073050.png

Nami

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nicola
It's costing me almost $700 in quarantine, examination and shipping costs to move my Australian born budgies from Eastern Australia to Western Australia. I can guarantee you there is no way you can just ship an exotic bird into the country when it's so difficult to move a native one interstate.
These parrot scam websites seem to be really prominent this year :shifty:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Lots of red flags!

Shipping worldwide?
I doubt many would survive a longer trip with stopovers, changes of planes, etc.

Click to buy?
So they don't care who they sell to, if they actually even have any birds to sell, which is doubtful.

"i now know so much about them so much so that just at a sight of one, i can tell what is wrong with it"
Even Avian vets can't do this.

All our birds are DNA tested and have their shots up to date.
Hmmm, wonder what shots they are up to date on!

I found that i could buy wild birds and train them as pets to help support my family and the parrots that i had accumulated. Within a year my collection of parrots had increased to over 30, and i no longer had time for both fish and birds. I decided to sell all of my fish. The birds had become my fascination.
Sounds like utter bs and most people with parrots would not refer to them as a "collection" or "fascination."

Because of my love them, and my lack of fear, wild African Greys would allow me to pet them within 15 minutes
More bs.

I would not send money here or you are sure to lose it!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Because of the Endangered Species act and the USA's compliance with the CITES act most of the birds they advertise cannot be shipped worldwide.

They are scammers. No doubt about it.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I think by now you realize you did the best move of your life and asked. Yep, scammer.

Just to add a few more flags for you in order to help you recognize a scammer:

Here in the States we generally don't use the '1' before the phone number let alone the '+', as that is done in Europe, not sure about the rest of the world but I know there for sure.

Birds are weighed in grams, not ounces, especially babies as grams are a more precise measurement, especially when you are dealing with tiny babies.

They switch between using inches to centimeters. Why would that happen? They are copying and pasting stuffs from all over the internet.

The one thing they did copy and paste that you don't see out there much is the last couple of paragraphs on the Home page talking about getting babies from bird fairs and such.

Do you have your running shoes on yet?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Run, run as fast as you can.
This place will take your money but it's all a scam!

I have never seen a place attempting to sell birds that has as many red flags and obvious BS as this site.

~Drini~

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
I know I'm the bad one calling this out, but I'm kinda suspicious about the OP's username and the fact that they haven't been online since the minute after they posted the original post, and the fact that its their first and only post ever.

Hope I'm wrong about this being an advertisement by the owner and I'll apologize wholeheartedly if I am :) But glad that the website was deemed a scam anyways so that future viewers aren't fooled.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hope I'm wrong about this being an advertisement by the owner
That's what it looks like to me too. Especially with the name.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
I know I'm the bad one calling this out, but I'm kinda suspicious about the OP's username and the fact that they haven't been online since the minute after they posted the original post, and the fact that its their first and only post ever.

Hope I'm wrong about this being an advertisement by the owner and I'll apologize wholeheartedly if I am :) But glad that the website was deemed a scam anyways so that future viewers aren't fooled.
Excellent points! If it was a way to get business and/or reviews even, they just shot themselves in the foot what with all the points we brought up. Oh Well! :hehe:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Excellent points! If it was a way to get business and/or reviews even, they just shot themselves in the foot what with all the points we brought up. Oh Well! :hehe:
Yup. That backfired big time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.