• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hartman Aviary/Parrot University

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a bird from Steve Hartman/ Parrot University in Ohio?
I’m thinking of getting a DYHA and want to get opinions on this breeder .
Thank you

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Get references from him, people that own his DYHs at various ages, and call them.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
He's got a very good reputation. That's about all I can say.

Bea

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hello, I went to Steve Hartman’s Parrot University, took a nice walk through the place. I bought a DYH Amazon years ago. Loved the place, he was very knowledgeable, I can’t speak highly enough of the experience. That was about 7 years ago but I would do it again.

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
Hello, I went to Steve Hartman’s Parrot University, took a nice walk through the place. I bought a DYH Amazon years ago. Loved the place, he was very knowledgeable, I can’t speak highly enough of the experience. That was about 7 years ago but I would do it again.
I wonder if your DYHA is a brother or sister to mine? I just brought him home last Thursday a week ago. A male baby 11 week old DYHA.
Is your amazon laid back and gentle?
How was it going through the sexual maturity and hormonal times now?
My guy is very sweet, but has his feisty moments and loves to try to bite down on my fingers, or land on my head . I’m working on that with him, he’s doing better now.
Steve was great to me too and I could tell he really takes good care of his birds.
Thank you for responding back, I’m very curious to hear how your DYH is doing now from him as mind might be from the same breeders.

Bea

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I bought a female from Steve and she’s doing great through hormones and all. She has a wonderful personality, makes/females can differ but she’s been friendly to the family and I haven’t had any problems as of yet. Not sure ours would be related though, there were several DYH amazons there at the time I brought my Lucy home so not sure what pair she may have come from. Good luck with your boy though, enjoy him, they are awesome birds!

Tinabell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina Spence
That’s wonderful to hear! I was wondering when your amazon was totally weaned ? Mine is 12 weeks old and still eating 4 times a day his formula . I’m sure it will be a few more weeks. Was it hard to get your amazon on solid food completely? My guy also insists on landing on my head too, were working on that, lol
He also isn’t comfortable with his harness with me yet. He was with Steve though. It’s great to talk to you, thank you for answering back.