• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harrisson's Bird Bread a big hit here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
While at the Vet's office the other day Jenni asked if I'd like the try Harrison's Bird Bread so we picked up a package of the hot pepper.

The first day Goofy left just a few little pieces of it in her dish but Strawberry dropped her chunk on the bottom of the cage. So the next day I tore Strawberry's portion into smaller pieces so that she would have an easier time with it. Strawberry's rear toes curve upwards and she cannot grip properly with them so she drops things. This made a huge difference, nothing but tiny crumbs left in the bowl.

I then decided to give some to Kiwi, figuring she won't eat. She never tries anything new But just like Mikey from the old Life cereal commercial she liked it!:eek:

Now I just have to find a recipe for Birdie bread that they like as much as the Harrison's and I'll be in business.:dance4:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww yay! so glad they tried it and liked it. :dancing:

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
My fids love Harrison's birdie bread.
We ordered a case of it last time we ordered.
I make it in muffin tins (the mini ones) and freeze some.
Birdie bread is a hit even with my canary.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
Chico gets harrisons every morning for breakfast. We have tried the regular and the one with flax. He loves them both, gets excited when I fill his dishes in the morning hehe. I use the sunshine factor when I make it :)

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That's wonderful that they liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.