• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harrison's Pellets

AndrewCaiquey

Moving in
Real Name
Andrew
Hello folks,

I have had most of my flock on pellets for some time now, but never had much luck with Harrisons the first time around. I normally fed the VL Nutribird pellets but gave Harrisons another go recently and it's went down MASSIVLEY. The question I have is the different sizes of pellets nutritionally the same? e.g. My B+G Is successfully eating the coarse high potency (she was on a seed diet previously) my Caique, Illigers and Galah are eating the Adult lifetime coarse and my two cockatiels are eating a mix of the fine/superfine adult life time. Although my Caique, Illigers and Galah are all eating the coarse mix, their species are only listed on the fine option for the pellets but under this it does say its only a guide. These three birds normally lift their food with their feet to eat so I figured the coarse would be better. But I just wanted to make sure the coarse is nutritionally the same as fine and its just different in size.

Many thanks!
Andy

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They are actually different formulas between the coarse and fine sizes.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Super Fine & Fine

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein (min.) 14%
crude fat (min.) 6%
crude fiber (max.) 4.5%
moisture (max.) 10%

*Corn, *Hull-less Barley, *Hulled Gray Millet, *Toasted Soybean Meal, *Peas, *Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Alfalfa, *Brown Rice, *Chia, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Sea Kelp, Salt *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil)
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT

Coarse

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein (min.) 15%
crude fat (min.) 5.5%c
rude fiber (max.) 6.5%
moisture (max.) 10%

Ingredients:

*Corn, *Hull-less Barley, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peas, *Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, Mixed Tocopherols (a source of Vitamin E), *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, Vitamin/Mineral Supplement (Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate and *Sunflower Oil)

WillowQ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
I just tried the coarse Harrison’s pepper lifetime, thinking my Meyers would love it. She’s eating it grudgingly. I replaced it with her normal zupreem natural.
Has anyone else tried the Harrison’s pepper?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just tried the coarse Harrison’s pepper lifetime, thinking my Meyers would love it. She’s eating it grudgingly. I replaced it with her normal zupreem natural.
Has anyone else tried the Harrison’s pepper?
Yes, Ripley eats a mix of Pepper Coarse and High Potency. He definitely prefers the High Potency though!

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
My Quaker prefers high potency to regular and will definitely eat more avicake treats now that he’s on Harrison’s regular. I think he’s not to pleased with the change; but he’s also quite a little chunk so that’s too bad. (Helps with training motivation, too. On high potency he didn’t care much about treats.)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley is underweight so I try to get more calories into him. But he doesn't seem to gain regardless and Pepper is cheaper :lol:

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Ripley is underweight so I try to get more calories into him. But he doesn't seem to gain regardless and Pepper is cheaper :lol:
I wanted Jasper to be eating Harrison’s instead of zupreem but she doesn’t agree. She does eat Willow’s leftover tiny pellets.