• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harrinsons sample?

Aikofurr

Checking out the neighborhood
Does anyone have a tiny sample of Harrinsons they could send me in the post for my lovie? Struggling to get roudybush in the UK so looking at uk food alternatives. Don't want to spend £10-£15 on food he won't like. Thanks

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Might be worth e mailing Harrisons UK

There wont be any Roudybush in the UK until the new year and it appears this has had a knock on effect on some other brands as well.
Scarletts are completely out of stock of all Harrisons at the moment and Northern parrots are out of stock on quite a few Harrisons lines.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I agree with what Wardy said. A lot of pellet companies will send you a sample if you ask. It'd be worth sending an email and seeing if you can get one before you decide to buy or not. :)

Mrs c

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
I buy Harrisons from my vet and its cheaper than Northern parrots by £1.25. For the small bag. Had a feeling things may get scarce so got 4 bags. Cheaper still if you get the large bag but I only have one bird so it goes off before it gets used up.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I buy Harrisons from my vet and its cheaper than Northern parrots by £1.25. For the small bag. Had a feeling things may get scarce so got 4 bags. Cheaper still if you get the large bag but I only have one bird so it goes off before it gets used up.
If you have the space for it, pellets freeze well.

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Wardy Do you still need Roudybush?

@Aikofurr what size Harrison’s are you needing?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Wardy Do you still need Roudybush?

@Aikofurr what size Harrison’s are you needing?
I managed to get another bag of California maintenance yesterday for KiKi and Mojo is on Zupreem and Higgins at the moment so i should be ok for a while thanks

Aikofurr

Checking out the neighborhood
I've found a seller on ebay who was selling roudybush so bought another bag. Was looking at harrinsons but damn it's expensive!!! Like twice the price.

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
I've found a seller on ebay who was selling roudybush so bought another bag. Was looking at harrinsons but damn it's expensive!!! Like twice the price.
Keep in mind that the recommended serving size for Harrison's is quite tiny, about 3 tsp/day for a budgie, 4-5 for a GCC. For my 3 birds, a bag of Harrison's lasts about 6-8 weeks.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep in mind that the recommended serving size for Harrison's is quite tiny, about 3 tsp/day for a budgie, 4-5 for a GCC. For my 3 birds, a bag of Harrison's lasts about 6-8 weeks.
Got to bear in mind its just a recommendation my cheekie was eating between 8-10 tsp per day when she was on Harrisons

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got to bear in mind its just a recommendation my cheekie was eating between 8-10 tsp per day when she was on Harrisons
I second this. My large male cheekie eats 4 TBSPs (so 12 teaspoons) of Roudy daily when he feels like that’s the pellet of the month. Takes way less Harrison’s of Lafeber’s to fill his belly up. And that’s just pellets- not including the cooked food or chop he gorges on in addition to the pellets.

I think it’s just like premium dog food (although Lord knows we go through half a ton of that each month) you pay a bit more for concentrated food, but the serving amount sizes kinda cancel out the cost per serving compared to the lesser costing food.