• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harper & Maddie, Friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I just peaked into the bird room to check on the fids and Harper and Maddie were sitting side by side and Harper had her head down for preening! :omg: Maddie flew onto my head the second she saw me, but it makes me wonder if they aren't friends when I'm not in there. Maybe Maddie only fights with her when I'm in there because she thinks of me as a mate and doesn't want me to think she's two-timing on me. :hehe:
I've also walked in to all three of the little guys hanging out in the same cage peacefully.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just peaked into the bird room to check on the fids and Harper and Maddie were sitting side by side and Harper had her head down for preening! :omg: Maddie flew onto my head the second she saw me, but it makes me wonder if they aren't friends when I'm not in there. Maybe Maddie only fights with her when I'm in there because she thinks of me as a mate and doesn't want me to think she's two-timing on me. :hehe:
I've also walked in to all three of the little guys hanging out in the same cage peacefully.
They are probably starting to develop some flock dynamics :) Congrats!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
YAY! I'm just glad they aren't fighting as much anymore. They have actually been really good together when I'm in there too. They used to get crazy and start flying after each other. I think Harper has taken a more submissive role to Maddie now that Harper is plucked.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
hey sounds like a positive sign to me!!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Or maybe she's just fickle?:huh:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Or maybe she's just fickle?:huh:
That is true. She does change her mood in a flash, like most parrotlets. :lol:Today they've been good. Whenever they are out, I usually sit in the computer room just outside the bird room door and I can hear if they are fighting (they are very noisy about it) and I haven't been hearing them fight nearly as much as they used to.

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
That's great that they are squabbling less, what a good feeling that is when you see that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.