• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Harnessed an Ollie

Chotuneelu

Checking out the neighborhood
Actually, I have several harnesses that fit little Ollie. This one is leathers4feathers, and it's well made if I do say so myself!

This is the flight suit (birdie diaper) by avianfashions.

And here he is in Mini Wings Parrotlet Harness :)
Does the Mini Wings work well? I am debating on whiter or not to buy it for Chotu (Parrotlet), if not which is the best one so far that you have found in terms of less likely to escape. We love him so much, and i really want to keep him safe. We will test it in the house, but i just want the least chance.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Does the Mini Wings work well? I am debating on whiter or not to buy it for Chotu (Parrotlet), if not which is the best one so far that you have found in terms of less likely to escape. We love him so much, and i really want to keep him safe. We will test it in the house, but i just want the least chance.
Honestly, the best escape proof one with minor changes would be leathers4feathers; but Ollie was less fiesty in the mini wings. He still chewed through mini wings.

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Do you maybe have more images of Ollie in two different harnesses?
I wasn't able to view the one in your original post and I can't see the harness on the front in post #3.
I am thinking of ordering from leathers4feathers, but I don't know what to ask for as far as adjustments.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Do you maybe have more images of Ollie in two different harnesses?
I wasn't able to view the one in your original post and I cant see the harness on the front in post #3.
I am thinking of ordering from leathers4feathers, but I don't know what to ask for as far as adjustments.
Is this for a lovebird or a parrotlet?

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
lovebird. 50 grams.
Thanks for the picture. So are the straps in the front attached with Velcro?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Ollie you are just too stinking cute in your harnesses.

IzzyBizzy

Real Name
Liz
Kiwi doesn't like his harness anymore. I had him trained, but he won't have it anymore. :(

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
Her lovebird harnesses fit lovebirds well without adjustment. But the velcro straps attach in the front.
Thanks! I will look into ordering it then.
Did you have any issues with the velcro not holding, or the bird separating it?

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Thanks! I will look into ordering it then.
Did you have any issues with the velcro not holding, or the bird separating it?
So long as you put it on firm enough they tend to fidget more with the bands on their upper chest, and not the velcro. At least, Ollie paid no mind to the velcro and only the little side rivets. ;)

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
I just checked on Etsy, and she is now making these with little metal magnetic connectors. She keeps changing the design several times!
Now I am concerned that the metal will add to the weight. I mean, if that thing is 10 grams that to my lovebird would be an equivalent of me wearing almost 30 lbs! That's like a soldier gear! :)
So, I'll ask her about the weight of that new one, but if you have a way, could you please measure how much does Ollie's velcro harness weighs?
If the metal one is too heavy, I might ask to do a custom one with velcro again.
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I saw that too, and thought the same thing. I don't think it's a problem to ask for the velcro instead (which is what I asked about as well). Magnets don't seem terribly safe anyways.

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
I got a response from Mary on Etsy. The harness with the magnet clasps is .2 oz, which would be around 5.6 grams. So, that would be like 15 lbs on me - that kinda sounds like a lot to carry around. I think I will ask if she can make velcro one.