• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harness for GCC

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
From what I've seen, people seem to recommend the Avianweb harness more highly than others in terms of ease of use. Any thoughts on the Leathers4Feathers harness? That's the other one I'm considering, but I'm not sure how Poppy will feel about the strap having to go under her legs. I've seen that some people have difficulty with the Aviator, and their sizing for green cheeks is supposedly off, so that one's probably a no for me. If there are any other harnesses you like for green cheeks that I didn't mention, feel free to let me know.

My green cheek is still young and on the smaller side, only 57 grams. She is pretty comfortable with handling and wing pets, and I am slowly easing her into wing lifts during cuddles, just building a positive association for wing manipulation in general. I thought starting harness training while she's still young would yield the best chance of success, and I'd really like to be able to take her outside safely.

I know there are plenty of threads about harnesses, but I haven't seen much about the Leathers4Feathers harness, or others. Seems like Avianweb and the Aviator are the big ones people talk about.

Any input is appreciated. Also, if anyone would like to pass on some harness training/trust building tips, feel free to share!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Few links in that thread, hopefully you find them helpful :)