• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hard time picking!

Izzybee

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for the site love the name burt:heart:
Where do you and burt live? I didn’t quite understand what that site was trying to convey the african grey was on the high interest list and then there was a link to the “high interest forms” usure of what they’re saying!@Shezbug

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Where do you and burt live? I didn’t quite understand what that site was trying to convey the african grey was on the high interest list and then there was a link to the “high interest forms” usure of what they’re saying!@Shezbug
Give them a call. You will usually get straight through and they’re usually fairly friendly helpful and patient. Or you could even call the closest AV to you and ask them.
From my understanding the exotic birds here must be traceable to prove they are from a legal source and not the illegal pet trade so they encourage you to use their record keeping incase you ever have to prove where your bird came from.
The only birds I know of that you need a licence for here are native birds like Major Mitchell’s. I don’t think they are required for any other bird here. South Aus is very strict I believe.
A quick call to a certified AV should give you a straight answer that is easy to understand.
I think it gets confusing because they don’t outright say that you don’t need a licence for these specific birds they only tell you what birds you do need a licence for.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue