• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Valentines Day to Me! I'm getting a baby!

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
DNA results are in!

I'm getting a female! Her name is Ozma.

Painting for fun. (Can't wait until I can start painting my actual bird instead of random pineapple green cheeks.)

View attachment 377030
Congrats!!! i still don’t know the gender of my tiel but he’ll grow into it and i’ll find out soon enough!
I love the painting, is it digital? I also used to paint my bird! it’s so much fun painting birds, their anatomy is so interesting to paint.

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
Congrats!!! i still don’t know the gender of my tiel but he’ll grow into it and i’ll find out soon enough!
I love the painting, is it digital? I also used to paint my bird! it’s so much fun painting birds, their anatomy is so interesting to paint.
Yup, I paint exclusively in Procreate with an Apple Pencil these days. I don’t have the space for traditional supplies. And honestly, over time I think the iPad will turn out cheaper than paints and brushes and canvas.

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
I got to Zoom meet my Ozma this week! We’ll do it again in a week or two when she starts her flight/recall training with the breeder. She’ll come home probably at the end of April or the first week in May. Here’s a screenshot from the zoom meeting.

31FD6951-84C4-4637-A1CC-AC8EA35C057F.jpeg

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Gorgeous!! I just love her name too.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
I got to Zoom meet my Ozma this week! We’ll do it again in a week or two when she starts her flight/recall training with the breeder. She’ll come home probably at the end of April or the first week in May. Here’s a screenshot from the zoom meeting.

View attachment 377943
she’s ADORABLE!!! lOVe themmm. man, your breeder is flight training?? mine didn’t even really interact one-on-one with the babies. i got my baby cockatiel early this week and he’s afraid of hands! (even when he was hand fed)

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
she’s ADORABLE!!! lOVe themmm. man, your breeder is flight training?? mine didn’t even really interact one-on-one with the babies. i got my baby cockatiel early this week and he’s afraid of hands! (even when he was hand fed)
Welcome Wings Aviary is FABULOUS! I suggest following the FB page even if you're not in Canada and will never get a bird from her. She posts all sorts of great information and regularly does Ask Me Anything posts.

My baby has to be shipped to me and she even trains the long distance babies to be comfortable with the travel cage and takes them on car rides so they're comfortable traveling before the big day.

ringotiel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
vida
Welcome Wings Aviary is FABULOUS! I suggest following the FB page even if you're not in Canada and will never get a bird from her. She posts all sorts of great information and regularly does Ask Me Anything posts.

My baby has to be shipped to me and she even trains the long distance babies to be comfortable with the travel cage and takes them on car rides so they're comfortable traveling before the big day.
man, that’s commitment!! my breeder is “so busy” that they don’t really care too much about the people’s experience. i guess that’s cause i live in a big city though with only 3 breeders in a 2-3 hr driving range; they’re a bit full of themselves honestly lol. but the birds are happy and heathy so the people who work there don’t really matter!

i will follow them! good luck with your (obviously gonna be well behaved) little conure!! <3 they’re the cutest lil conure ever!!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Safe travels to her! I hope you’ll let us know when she is safely with you!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hope she has a smooth uneventful trip to your home and settles in fast.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
she does not look too stressed, more nosy as to what is going on out there.

where did you get her from? the breeder I got Bailey from here in BC ships all through the country.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie. Congratulations.

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Congrats! What province is she coming from?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She’s so cute! Have a safe trip! congratulations!

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
she does not look too stressed, more nosy as to what is going on out there.

where did you get her from? the breeder I got Bailey from here in BC ships all through the country.
I got her from Welcome Wings Aviary in Ontario. Elaine is FABULOUS. I highly suggest following her aviary Facebook page. She does AMAs and other educational posts along with posting pictures and videos of the babies.

TinyDino

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Holly
Congrats! What province is she coming from?
Ontario, from Welcome Wings Aviary. She's doing so well settling in. The breeder already got her started on recall training so she's been doing so good coming to us during out of cage time considering her age and that she just met her.

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
She's so cuuute! Congrats!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name